Wrong setup Paypal

Look for some help with my Paypal issue.

At the moment I help a small shelter in Chonburi with their Paypal problem.

It was setup 2 years ago in Paypal under the shelters name under 'Business" in Paypal by somebody who left so why it was done like this I don't know.

There is about THB 10.000 in this Paypal account (donations from people worldwide) and we want to transfer that to the bank account of the owner of the shelter.

Paypal wants documents that the owner is the legal 'owner' of the shelter but as they are not a 'legal' charity we do not have papers....

My solution to this problem:

- give a refund to all people who made a donations - still possible to donations from 2014???

- close the Paypal account, can I do that as I am not the owner, nor do we have any papers that we are a charity?

- setup Paypal account as private person to accept donations again, to use our old data, we need to close the old Paypal account first, correct? Can I use then the same data again (e-mail address, mobile number =, address) to open a personal account in Paypal?

Is this the correct way or are there any other solutions to transfer the money to the owner - we really need the money at the moment!

Any comments to solve this problem are highly appreciated.

Already tried to contact Paypal but the only reply is a long list with URL to check if I can solve my problem with one of these URL's

Thanks for your help.

- Yes, you can refund all previous donations
- The owner is the only one who can close the account
- I know one can "upgrade" from personal to business, perhaps by request the opposite can be done.

But there isn;t much that can be done without the help of the account holder if paypal asks for documentation.

Can you still send the money to another paypal account? Or has it been "limited" by paypal?
I'd create a personal paypal account and simply transfer the money, then verify the new account with paypal, withdraw the funds to a bank account and completely forget about the old account.

Thanks for your answer.

Looks like I am on the right track already.

The account is 'limited' - as far as I can see I can't do anything with it

Will 'refund' all money and then try to close it.

What can I do while my account is limited?

• update your account information
  • add money to your account
  • link a card
  • link a bank account
  • send refunds
  • use PayPal logos in your auction listings or on your website

What can't I do while my account is limited?

• send money
  • withdraw money from your account
  • receive or request money
  • close your account
  • remove a card
  • remove a bank account

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...