Krathom For Tramadol Addiction

chiangrai

I am addicted to Tramadol.

I've been taking it for 5 years because I have Fybromyalgia.

I've just found a substance called Krathom on You-tube.

It's supposed to be great.

Some of it comes from Thailand but all the links are for companies

shipping from America.

Does anyone have experience of this medicine and know how to get it in Thailand.

Or even a better way of overcoming Tramadol addiction.

I take 450 to600mg per day.

The thing is that I still have fibromyalgia and pain which cannot be helped by non

narcotic pain killers.So if I go off Tramadol I will have to take something  addictive again.

That's where Krathom comes in.

I's an opiate which has high pain killing properties with low  addictive proprties.

AccordinG to lots of YouTubers

This is not my area of expertise. But AFAIK, krathom is considered an illegal drug in Thailand and the Thai police arrest people found in possession of it.

Thus, apart from the risks of possessing it here, I'd be a bit doubtful about the ability to have it shipped in.

That said, apparently, it's still a widely used substance by the locals, so they seem to find ways to get it.

O.k well if it's illegal then I'm not prepared to mess with the law in Thailand.especially regarding drugs.

Getting it shipped in or to go try finding it on the street is not for me.

What a shame.it sounds really good.

Thanks for the feedback

Tramadol alone won't be super effective. Generally for severe pain you would need a cocktail mix. Eg 400mg Tramadol. 300mg lyrica and a antidepressant. It's not an addiction by the way, but a dependency because you will be on meds for the rest of your life. I am

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Krathom is indeed illegal in Thailand.

The best way to get off tramadol or any other drug to which one has become addicted/dependent is under the care and advice of a skilled physician specializing in addiction disorders. Among other things,  there is always a reason why the drug was taken in the first place and unless that is addressed -- e.g. through  another, non-addictive medication or treatment - then tapering off is likely to fail or end in being addicted to something else. Also, various problems that occur as part of the process of gradually getting off the substance (insomnia, aches and pains, anxiety or even panic etc) likewise need to be properly treated or the same will occur.

This physician in Bangkok is excellent: https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Pichai-Saengcharnchai

I have  earched for pregabolin and neurotonin on youtube

and don't like what I see.

I am on Tramadol and Amitripiline and thought Krathom would replace the two of these.

I wasn't planning on upping those 2 meds  to 3 as Mcfish

suggests.But maybe he's right.

Mc do you feel any bad side affects from lyrica.

Another thing I'm taking is Prednisone(steroid).I'm on 10mg a day and trying to taper off.

I see online some talk that Human growth hormone may be good but that is a worse steroid than prednisone.

I see "Osterine" a SARM(selective steroid) which looks like a lees harmful steroid than Prednisone.

Any thoughts on those.

I have  earched for pregabolin and neurotonin on youtube

and don't like what I see.

I am on Tramadol and Amitripiline and thought Krathom would replace the two of these.

I wasn't planning on upping those 2 meds  to 3 as Mcfish

suggests.But maybe he's right.

Mc do you feel any bad side affects from lyrica.

Another thing I'm taking is Prednisone(steroid).I'm on 10mg a day and trying to taper off.

I see online some talk that Human growth hormone may be good but that is a worse steroid than prednisone.

I see "Osterine" a SARM(selective steroid) which looks like a lees harmful steroid than Prednisone.

Any thoughts on those.

My neurologist prescribed all 3 for nerve damage. Lyrica is very effective but side effects are nasty.. Until you adapt which can take a good 6 months. It's also extremely expensive here but I have sourced a place in India that brings the price right back

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I too have to use Tramadol for chronic pain management, for more than 5 years now. I don't need a high dosage every day, and a few years ago I've ran into the same problem, eg I experienced physical withdrawal symptoms on the days when I didn't need to take the pills. The problem is, that it's really quite easy to completely quit taking it (by weaning it of, in a few days you'll be fine), but I couldn't do that since I still needed them for the bad days. 

Luckily, my neurologist started prescribing me Topamax/Topiramat as well. This is an anti-epilepsy drug which, at a much lower dosage, is also used for migraine prevention, and, unbeknownst to anyone it seems, reduces withdrawal symptoms to a great degree (I'd say at least 70-80%). Since then (about three years ago), I can use Tramadol when I need it, but don't have to when I don't want to. I still get the occasional cold shiver 24-36hrs after the last pill, but if that happens (usually at night) I just take one for a good night of sleep and that's it. 

Keep in mind that even though Tramadol does have an addictive potential, as long as you're aware of it, this is manageable. A lot of the alternative painkillers, if taken regularly and for years, could eventually lead to organ failure (liver or kidneys). That will not be reversible, unlike an addiction.