Live Ashes At Bangkok Bars?

yabbra

Does anybody know if there are any other bars in Bangkok, besides the Downunder (it just closed recently), that will be showing the Ashes Live. The first test starts on Thursday at 7am.

Thanks

The Sports Bar / British Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 4 showed the Ashes last time around, I guess they'll be doing so again this time, it's about two runs distance down from Nana Plaza.

On the Eve of the Ashes , i cant believe a City the size of Bangkok with the number of ExPats here, i'm struggling to find out information on bars showing the Ashes!!!

HELP

The Ashes start in 22 hrs and i dont know where to go!!! :o

I live around On Nut area so looking for info on bars close by or Sukhumvit area??

OWWS That??

Barmy Army Barmy Army Barmy Army

Cheers for the info

I know of Robin Hood pub and was in there 2 days ago as i saw the Windies playing on there TV, i asked the question (Ashes) but they were all Thai barstaff and were not sure, i will call them later as i picked up a business card.

Green Parot, i know Soi 33, so can check that out

The Office?? where can i find this please?

And does anyone have phone numbers or web links for above 2 bars

Cheers for the help, appreciate it

Cheers for the info

I know of Robin Hood pub and was in there 2 days ago as i saw the Windies playing on there TV, i asked the question (Ashes) but they were all Thai barstaff and were not sure, i will call them later as i picked up a business card.

Green Parot, i know Soi 33, so can check that out

The Office?? where can i find this please?

And does anyone have phone numbers or web links for above 2 bars

Cheers for the help, appreciate it

http://www.greenparrotbangkok.com/

I'm sure TENDERLOIN will also show it. http://www.tenderloins33.com/

Yes closed down just the other day..

Apparently the owner (leasing out the bar), was giving some real trouble to the guy running the place now (Thomas).. So Thomas was forced to shut it down..

None the less,Thomas is opening another bar just like the down under on Soi 23 hopefully on the 1st of December.He will be showing every ball of the ashes live but unfortuantely not the first test due to these events of last week..

So I'm still madly searching for a bar thats opening at 7am for the test this weekend

Anyway Cheers

besides the Downunder (it just closed recently)

Closed as in no longer open for business???

Surprised to hear that. Anytime l've been there they seemed to be doing well, plenty of customers, good owner. What happened?

Does anybody know if there are any other bars in Bangkok, besides the Downunder (it just closed recently), that will be showing the Ashes Live. The first test starts on Thursday at 7am.

Thanks

Thanks for all the info..

I will refrase my question.. Does anybody know of any bars that are opening at 7am to show the first test particularly on the weekend?

Thanks

Thanks for all the info..

I will refrase my question.. Does anybody know of any bars that are opening at 7am to show the first test particularly on the weekend?

i thought the first test was on thursday at 7am? in which case the black swan will be open. If enough interest i am sure he will open for the rest of the tests.

Thurs..............

I watched it in the Robin Hood, it opened at 10am and had 3 TV's and later they put it on the large screen. Food was v good. Cricket could have done with a few more wickets!!!

Barmy Army

thought the poms would've been good at tossing, lizzy deserted you today :o

Thurs..............

I watched it in the Robin Hood, it opened at 10am and had 3 TV's and later they put it on the large screen. Food was v good. Cricket could have done with a few more wickets!!!

Barmy Army

There was too many wickets as it was. Langer deserved a century!

Boony Army

Thurs..............

Barmy Army

There was too many wickets as it was. Langer deserved a century!

Boony Army

you have to give it to the barmies, they can certaily chant :o

:o:D:D

No problem...........the Aussies will probably declare on 1,879- 7 with two sessions left, and wonder why they drew the match. :D

I noticed you aint glued to the TV today shady :D

Don't forget I've got an air conditioned bar upstairs as well. I can watch the Ashes and still see you rant on the chat. :D

saw you crying and on your knees last night :D:D:D