Mobile Phones And Nuisance Ads

robint

:D Can anyone suggest a way of dealing with this. It seems when you buy a new number these days , it confirms itself automatically with the provider and you are then bombarded with nuisnace sales calls and promotion sms that block your machine from real msgs. Both Dtac and AIS seem to be trying to outdo each other in customer nuisance.

most of the msgs are in thai which i cant read on my fone even though i am elected to receive the english version of the service. Is there no end to such childishness :o

It is a big nuisance..

I get the "flash sms", which is where the message is shown on the mobile straight away, and not stored (thank god).. every 15 minutes or so..

My wife however doesn't get any, and we reckon it's because I have a GPRS package, where she doesn't

I have given up getting too annoyed about it as they disappear after a few minutes.. but then another comes.. !

It's not good to be spammed like this..

totster :o

It is a big nuisance..

I get the "flash sms", which is where the message is shown on the mobile straight away, and not stored (thank god).. every 15 minutes or so..

My wife however doesn't get any, and we reckon it's because I have a GPRS package, where she doesn't

I have given up getting too annoyed about it as they disappear after a few minutes.. but then another comes.. !

totster :o

i called ais and yelled for 20 minutes. they found a way to stop it. if it is one 2 call or AIS get them to turn off mobilelife

Edited by t.s

It is a big nuisance..

totster :D

i called ais and yelled for 20 minutes. they found a way to stop it. if it is one 2 call or AIS get them to turn off mobilelife

Cheers .. i'll get the missus to do it, she's good at yellin' :o

I guessed it was something to do with GPRS, as they put links on the sms..

totster :D

gee TS

thanks a trillion baht

Mobil life, if thats what its called Ill get on the case toomollow

i never had this problem before

i had to change my old card out because my number had escaped into the denizens of sukhumvit (cant remember how) but i was spammed with countless stoopid calls from wannabe service persons at all inconvenient times

WARNING

do not let your private number escape outside your immediate person/business environment, you will end up having to change your sim card

cheers

I started getting advertising messages every few minutes straight to my phones display shortly after I started using a new one2call sim. When I looked in the connectivity section of my phones' set up I found a new section called 'AIS Service'. I went into this new section and was able to turn it off, and now no more adverts. AIS must have downloaded a new program into my phone, without my knowledge, when I first started using the sim card. Naughty, but at least I could turn it off.

hey guys, success

i found an extra menu item on my nokia 1100 called AIS, dive in and found mLIVE

select and then select activate, then selct off

BINGO Nuisance gone

thanks for the clue, no shouting down the fone

BTW

I find i am still getting mysterious calls from Thai males which i presume is a sales call. perhaps AIS is letting out newly activated numbers for targetting (or am I just being paranoid). I never speak to these on advice from missus, i just prsess answer and let them hang wasting their time an money.

#

its most frustrating trying to deal with a thai male on the phone - just plain blody rude they are in general when they find you are a flang - even with my moestly polite thai.