Extension Of Temporary Stay - TM 7 - Khon Kaen - New documents added

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Yesterday 09.08.16, collected TM7 form at KK Immigration ready for next visit and application of temp. stay based on retirement.

Already attached to TM7 were the following pages:-

1) "Acknowledgement of the conditions for Permitted continuations of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand".

Poorly copied one sided document ( end of sentences chopped of during copy of original )

Text top in Thai bottom in English

Basically tells you why your application could be terminated and please sign.

2) "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for A Visa Overstay":

One sided document Thai and English.

Details penalties for if you surrender or are apprehended and please sign.

3) "Foreign National Information Form".

Double sided document in English + double sided copy document in Thai.    English copy no print date, Thai copy has date of 22 March ? 2559.

Place for photo on both English and Thai document.

You are advised "Providing false information to an anofficer, shall be punished under Penal Code".

( 1 ) To be Completed by Recording Person

Officer to complete this section.

??? When do they / should they fill this in - before or after completion of form ???    If before it means a double trip to the desk !!!  If after will the "Recording Person" complete and sign ???

??? Do you get a completed copy to keep ???     ??? Do you get a signed ( "Recording Person" ) copy to keep ???

( 2 ) Foreign National Information

I assume you fill this in before you give this to the "Recording Officer"

( 2.1 ) Your name, Nationality, DOB, Age, Passport number, Father's Name / Surname, Mother's Name / Surname.   ??? Can you write deceased ???     ??? Mothers maiden name or married  

name ???    ???Do they want Name = Christian / First name and Surname = Family name ???     ??? Or just write their name = e.g. John Smith ???

( 2.2 ) Foreign National's Home Address

??? What do you write if you don't have a home in another country ???     ??? Do you write you current Thai address ???

Information of Community Leader ( for national of Lao PDR, Cambodia, Myanmar, and Vietnam )

??? Does this mean for other foreigners we write nothing in this section ???

( 2.3 ) Address In Thailand

( 2.3.1 ) Address.

( 2.3.2 ) Workplace

( 2.4 ) Frequently used Social Media ( OPTIONAL - this will be used as additional means of communications from official )

Lists ID's wanted for Facebook, Line, Others, Email Address

??? Does OPTIONAL mean you don't have to complete ???    NB - I don't like this, obviously, but sometimes needs must: as I only use Email they have that anyway !!! 

( 2.5 ) Vehicle

( 2.6 ) Frequently Visited Places or Premises ( such as Club, Restaurant, Shop, Hospital etc ).

??? Depends of literal translation of "frequently" - hospital every 3 months is not frequently.    ???"Don't Go Out Much Anymore !" is local market good enough answer ???

( 2.7 ) Emergency Contact Person

( 2.7.1 ) Thai Nationality Contact Person

??? What do you write if you live alone and there is no one you can call on ???    ??? You are "involving" a Thai person - if you are not married to them or, are only passing friends. or

they live a long way away ( could not respond anyway if you were at deaths door ) - how are you going to get a local Thai person to say "Okay" ???

I have been in that situation once before, fortunately a friend happened to make a visit not long after I fell ill and just in  time .......  the situation has changed and there is no

one locally to make a call to who could get here in time - I treat myself ( I have multiple drug allergies and have a DNR form already accepted ).

"I am registered with the British Consul in Bangkok in case of emergencies, can I use that reference number ???

( 2.7.2 ) Foreign Nationality Contact Person

??? Due to my condition when I last fell ill last time ( I have multiple drug allergies, inc all antibiotics and hospital unable force ventilate, also DNR request ) my children have

already said they could not go thru all the emotional stress again.   ??? Can I use my British Consul registration as contact person ???

( 2.8 ) Bank Account Number ( only required for certain types of visa applications ) 

??? Assume they mean the 800K deposit bank account ???

Note: Other Details ( Optional )

Signed - Foreigner / Interviewer - Recording Person

??? DO WE GET TO KEEP A SIGNED COPY ???

??? CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON THE POINTS ABOUT CONTACT PERSONS ???

Parents deceased...Just write N/A.

No home address outside Thailand?..N/A

Social Media...N/A

Frequented places...7-11, Family Mart, McDonalds etc, 

Vehicle...rent a bike for a day and put it's details down. etcetera etcetera etcetera.

• Like 2

The whole bunch :blink:

The two poorly copied sheets are old stuff.

Seen it at Khon Kaen maybe two years ago.

Redundant as so many sheets of paper at immigration.

You must not work bla bla bla ...

The foreign national information form is new in this year, spreading all over the country seems like (misc reports from other locations).

Finally reached Khon Kaen.

It has been discussed in multiple threads already.

Thanks for the heads up.

Nearly can't wait for my extension in September :P

Edited by KhunBENQ

After rereading I understand that you only picked up the forms and will return for the actual application?

Not a welcome option for me.

200 km roundtrip.

But maybe I will also pickup in advance at the next shopping trip.

Edited by KhunBENQ

59 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Parents deceased...Just write N/A.

No home address outside Thailand?..N/A

Social Media...N/A

Frequented places...7-11, Family Mart, McDonalds etc, 

Vehicle...rent a bike for a day and put it's details down. etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Home address: N/A or write your last address.

No one will ever check this information.

If you have a contact in Thailand (like your wife), the intention is served.

(whom to call about the funeral procedures when they find you dead on the road :blink:)

Edited by KhunBENQ

I filled the form last week

Parents -deceased

frequented places- immigration tesco and big C

social media-none

Uk address none

Contact thailand wife

Foreign contact thailand -none

I doubt if it is read, the wasted paper is awful

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Home address: N/A or write your last address.

No one will ever check this information.

If you have a contact in Thailand (like your wife), the intention is served.

(whom to call about the funeral procedures when they find you dead on the road :blink:)

I doubt that this form is filed in a way that allows ready retrieval.

I went last week to KKC Immigration for 90 day reporting.

Got the Form out the front filled it in, got the usal photocopies of my passport, but as the attached 2 pages were in Thai I did not know what to put, so I walked inside to inquire if someone could assist. A lady in uniform came over had a look at my passport and the form that I had partially completed and said

"No problems just sign the 2 attached pages" which I did.

She went to her desk did whatever she had to do and returned about 2 minutes later, handed me back my passport with the 90 day Reporting Slip attached, and said,

"There you go all done, See you in 90 days"

Thanks to all who replied to my initial posting.

I had a re-confirm new address slip in my passport for August 7th ( this is not an extension of stay -  90 day report ), had just come back from UK so wasn't sure if i needed to do a 90 day as it was re-confirm address.    Lady at KK information desk said no need to report until 4th October and handed me the TM47 ONLY no additional pages ready for next visit.

The TM7 form in the drawer outside near photocopy machine had ALL new documents attached.

Guess I will use British Consul as person to contact regarding funeral.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:17 AM, WhisperingJack said:

I went last week to KKC Immigration for 90 day reporting.

Got the Form out the front filled it in, got the usal photocopies of my passport, but as the attached 2 pages were in Thai I did not know what to put, so I walked inside to inquire if someone could assist. A lady in uniform came over had a look at my passport and the form that I had partially completed and said

"No problems just sign the 2 attached pages" which I did.

She went to her desk did whatever she had to do and returned about 2 minutes later, handed me back my passport with the 90 day Reporting Slip attached, and said,

"There you go all done, See you in 90 days"

I wonder if the 2 Thai pages you were given to sign were those for the Foreign National Information form ?    The "Permitted Continuation Of Stay" and "Acknowledgement Of Penalties" are dual language pages.