Look at the "Train Wrecks" in Your own Countries

joeyg

30 minutes ago, kannot said:

Ive  just come back from a 6  week trip to the UK and found no problem with all those  things I mentioned. All those things that make it a safe place to live unlike "deathtrap" Thailand.

My Dad had prostate cancer and the healthcare was nothing short of "fantastic" no doctors on the make no over prescribing drugs or unnecessary treatment.

Where did you get your doctors cert? America?

Now you want to see "run down" and tired try Naples Italy, just back from there also  and it  was  crummy but then South Italy has been like that a long time, Milan is a different kettle of fish.

Thats "one" article with its own bias and to put Thailand in even the same league as the UK as a "spent force" is ridiculous  in my opinion, anyone born in the UK of my age 50 odd should thank that country for the  fantastic education/healthcare it  offers and still offers.........let me guess, any kids you might have will be educated in Thailand? ( actually  I know your fairly old, no disrespect meant in that comment)

Please no further mention of my children in connection with this thread. " Where did you get your doctors cert? America?" =Sad.  The topic was, to the effect, if you're going to bash Thailand take a look at your own country first.  Sad very sad.  Really.  

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Its quite simple a lot of the guys on this forum never amounted to much in life and to feel good they have to put the locals down.  I mean if your a retired postal worker for instance your quite low on the scale of accomplishments now one way to feel better is to put the locals down. its a tried and tested method.

Also generalizing is something they love to do, one Thais is bad and its a Thai trait, now quite a few times farang pedo's are caught here in Thailand and we never call that a farang trait. Just shows to what lengths people go here to put the Thais down. 

Personally i find it better to just be happy with my life without having to look down on people to feel better. 

I mean if this country was so bad why the heck are they still here.. probably because they could not get laid in their own country.  

So,  you're using your own negative generalizations to make a point about negative generalizations?  :cheesy:

PS:  I think the Op is still in phase 1 - http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/07/29/five-stages-culture-shock-foreigners-thailand 

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

Please no further mention of my children in connection with this thread. " Where did you get your doctors cert? America?" =Sad.  The topic was, to the effect, if you're going to bash Thailand take a look at your own country first.  Sad very sad.  Really.  

your  showing just "odd" views , the overall picture of the UK is better than Thailand by a long stretch = your view of Thailand is the sad one, first obvious point is a military Junta  in control, how sad can you get?

Judgements handed down by the sharia  informal courts have no legal basis

Edited by kannot

2 hours ago, joeyg said:

Ah the life of a fugitive.  I hope you don't have children.

hey if  we  cant mention your kids you certainly cant mention his

Edited by kannot

12 hours ago, Carib said:

Some don't even recognize train wrecks in their home country, because they are used to it. Some are so patriotic that they would rather bite of their tongue before admitting their home country has just about the same stupid stuff as other countries have.

Train wrecks only seem to go together with all others, not us.

If the news would REPORT the truth, actual facts instead of copying & pasting press releases & pablum the citizens of some countries would be far better suited and more inclined to have a balanced opinion and forge options.....

The media has become such a huge irresponsible force with no checks & balances or consequences.....Stuff is churned out from so many sources with agendas to quickly that it goes unquestioned......The real players are rarely identified but pawns aplenty .......

Trying to change the attitudes and habits of TVF Posters by moaning about them, is futile if not counter-productive.  You become the latest, convenient focal point for their pedantic irritation and turmoil, fed by a constant stream of negativity via internet cable and television.   It will change your disposition and personality, so best to keep it, and them, in perspective or else you'll wind up just like them. 

Close your eyes and think of our own wonderful train wreck called San Diego. 

Ahhhhhhhh, that's much better!  ;)

San-Diego-Beaches_2_0.jpg

17 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

From Australia, apart from owing them fines for not voting I don't really care.

They've been chasing me for sixteen years too with interests.

Yes, the UK has been chasing me for council tax for years.:D

18 hours ago, Carib said:

Some don't even recognize train wrecks in their home country, because they are used to it. Some are so patriotic that they would rather bite of their tongue before admitting their home country has just about the same stupid stuff as other countries have.

18 hours ago, Carib said:

Refuse collection have been a pain in the ass in the uk for years, have to separate stuff in different bins and not weekly collection, wont take it if the lids not down or in the wrong place. Thai collectors are great, they will take everything you put out, including garden waste and old furniture, come every week and hardly costs owt.

15 hours ago, joeyg said:

Again, for another trouble maker.  Examine   the economic social and political disasters that are occurring in your own country before  bashing Thailand.  I know you guys are a bunch of "cuties" though that just like to be contrary and will never give a straight forward answer.  I don't know if its alcohol or drugs or just severe personality disorders.  I regret practically every time time I interact here unless it's with ubonjoe getting some valuable visa info.  It's a shame really that it's like this.

I don't understand why you would come onto a Thai forum to talk about countries other than Thailand.

There's nothing cute about it.

There was a major stabbing in my country last week, do you think I should be posting about it on Thai Visa's news forum ?

One thing I do know is those who mention drugs or drink in every post they make are more often than not referring about themselves rather than the posters they are replying too.

On 10 August 2016 at 2:29 AM, Minnie the Minx said:

From Australia, apart from owing them fines for not voting I don't really care.

They've been chasing me for sixteen years too with interests.

Couldnt happen to a nicer person really.

wait until you start having issues at the airport ...... & that's coming apparently, they're clamping down I here.

:giggle:

15 hours ago, kannot said:

your  showing just "odd" views , the overall picture of the UK is better than Thailand by a long stretch = your view of Thailand is the sad one, first obvious point is a military Junta  in control, how sad can you get?

Judgements handed down by the sharia  informal courts have no legal basis

At keast Thailand has someone in control.....just look at wot David Cameron did.....uncontrollable at best.

the west blows, just face it

I'm back in the Old Country for a brief visit.

Cracking weather (not as nice as 2012 when I came back for 80 minutes of the worst pish sufficient to have the Princess Royal in tears, but still pleasantly cool).

Shop staff pleasant and helpful, decent beer in most of the pubs, traffic courteous and disciplined, all my friends reasonably well off and able to afford foreign holidays, decent cars, good education for the kids, even those with their own particular challenges.

I'd scarcely call it a train wreck, despite the bizarre democratic decisions of our compatriot neighbours.

SC

Here we go again.

The condition of any other country has nothing to do with whether Thailand has any problems, whether those problems should be fixed, or how. It does not excuse jet ski scams, the military junta, excessive nationalism, dangerous roads or apathy towards those things. How many people get shot in Chicago has nothing to do with Thai immigration forms. 

Aversion to discussing these problems stems from a fundamental inability to accept criticism. It's juvenile insecurity.

10 hours ago, BudRight said:

Here we go again.

The condition of any other country has nothing to do with whether Thailand has any problems, whether those problems should be fixed, or how. It does not excuse jet ski scams, the military junta, excessive nationalism, dangerous roads or apathy towards those things. How many people get shot in Chicago has nothing to do with Thai immigration forms. 

Aversion to discussing these problems stems from a fundamental inability to accept criticism. It's juvenile insecurity.

On my part its preference not to dwell on the miserable, nor to seek enjoyment and satisfaction from the misfortune or shortcomings of others.

And a preference to avoid discussing train wrecks.  Suddenly, everybody's an expert on railway engineering and safety management, just because they once used a level crossing... same way as everyone thinks they are  an expert in education because they went to school forty years ago... 

10 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

On my part its preference not to dwell on the miserable, nor to seek enjoyment and satisfaction from the misfortune or shortcomings of others.

And a preference to avoid discussing train wrecks.  Suddenly, everybody's an expert on railway engineering and safety management, just because they once used a level crossing... same way as everyone thinks they are  an expert in education because they went to school forty years ago... 

So you prefer no one to have an opinion on anything. Pretty pointless having any news or information channels in your view ?

4 hours ago, berybert said:

So you prefer no one to have an opinion on anything. Pretty pointless having any news or information channels in your view ?

4 hours ago, berybert said:

You're welcome to have an opinion, and if it's positive and constructive, please share it.  Otherwise, please fester in your own misery.

14 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

You're welcome to have an opinion, and if it's positive and constructive, please share it.  Otherwise, please fester in your own misery.

And with that simple statement, SC decimates TVF's advertising income. ;)

On 8/10/2016 at 1:53 PM, 55Jay said:

Trying to change the attitudes and habits of TVF Posters by moaning about them, is futile if not counter-productive.  You become the latest, convenient focal point for their pedantic irritation and turmoil, fed by a constant stream of negativity via internet cable and television.   It will change your disposition and personality, so best to keep it, and them, in perspective or else you'll wind up just like them. 

Close your eyes and think of our own wonderful train wreck called San Diego. 

Ahhhhhhhh, that's much better!  ;)

San-Diego-Beaches_2_0.jpg

Honestly OP the above is great advice.  I simply ignore and do engage.  The petty juvenile and overall behavior on this site is pretty bad.  I enjoy a few posters and like to read their responses because they respond in away that spurs others to post. But like almost every thread started by page 2 it's trashed with the grumpy old guys with likely very little social life.  Their personal and social life is TV.

Answering your question, I never came to Thailand with rose colored glasses on. The US is a mess in so many ways but so is Thailand.  It boils down what one wants to fixate on and what one chooses to ignore.  But in the end I found the best way to enjoy it is utilize both places good points.  Its all in how you manage it.

Good luck with your thread