Which hospital for Samui Immigration medical?

I have tried the search facility to find a recent post, but it doesn't seem to be working very well.

Recently someone posted about using an alternative hospital to Nathon for the medical required by Samui Immigration. Was cheaper, and as I recall one of those in the general Bophut / Chaweng area, which is much more convenient for me.

Can anyone recall which one it was please? Maybe the OP? Or provide a link to the original thread?

Also, I am due an annual full medical check up.  Does anyone know if Samui Imm. would accept one of those instead?

Thanks

I believe the top hospitals there are accredited with the Samui immigration, but indeed, the international hospitals are way more expensive. Try having it done at the government hospitals. There's a health center too in Bophut. Best of luck.

I tried to get the answer to this medical certificate needed this morning, from girl at front desk at Samui Immigration, but to be honest, I am still unclear.... She said any hospital can be used... but for what actual tests was unclear.

I used Samui Hospital Nathon, as I was close by, where they did the full tests.... 735 baht.... the lady at the desk in Room 25 which is upstairs in the hospital did suggest going to Thai International, where they charge 250 or so baht... but I gather no tests involved...  I just did not feel like driving all the way to Chawang! So had blood test, pee'd in a pot and chest x ray... 

If I see head of Immigration, Khun Thep tomorrow when I do my extension renewal, I will ask him which is the correct test... But I suspect it really does not matter. :blink: Will report back! 

Last year on my retirement renewal extension I did not present a medical. 10 mins later I was all stamped up and on my way.

On the TM7 application form a medical is not listed as a required document.  I've heard of many people having to provide a medical.  Is it a new requirement? Or is it something they impose on select individuals when they feel the need for a power trip?

Yes Medical is  new requirement!

And it's not consistent, as I mentioned yesterday  it can be from any hospital but not from a clinic or doctor at his office. I over heard someone being told today, that the letter from  a doctor or clinic was not good enough... it has to have a hospital stamp.

The inconsistency being  all tests that Samui Nathon hospital do, are not necessary... (blood, urine, x ray, & see if you have leprosy ....for 735 baht)  

Thai International Hospital (250 baht) Near Tesco Chawang, does not do these tests and it's acceptable to Samui Immigration.:blink:...  I talked to several people at SI today, some had done at Nathon, some at Thai Inter. Head of Immigration Khun Thep also verified that either was OK....

Not heard what other hospitals on Samui do... perhaps someone will post! ?

As for Maenam Immigration office opening, it's supposed to be next month, now.... not sure how times I have been told that.... so we'll see! 

Quote SJ.

"The inconsistency being  all tests that Samui Nathon hospital do, are not necessary... (blood, urine, x ray, & see if you have leprosy ....for 735 baht)  

Thai International Hospital (250 baht) Near Tesco Chawang, does not do these tests and it's acceptable to Samui Immigration.:blink:...  I talked to several people at SI today, some had done at Nathon, some at Thai Inter. Head of Immigration Khun Thep also verified that either was OK...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gulfsailor:

The discrepancy in the tests being done might have to do with some hospitals not knowing what is required for what process. For instance for an extension based on employment no medical check is required, however for getting/renewing a workpermit a comprehensive medical check with certain blood and pee tests is required. These tests for instance cost 900 something baht at Thai Inter. I think the 735 Baht at Nathon hospital is for a similar set of tests obviously not required for the retirement extension. 

Edited by samuijimmy
I just separated the quote from added comment.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Anyone complain re extra fees today Jim?

I talked to an English guy doing his retirement renewal, he said he's always been charged the 5000 baht "fee" ... I did not see him when he had finished to find out what he paid today. I just can't figure that one out...

I have to go back tomorrow... I screwed up on my dates!    :w00t::facepalm: