Yamaha XSR900

SoFarAndNear

Hello,

Just want to share an unofficial News. I had a chat with Yamaha customer service and asked about the New Yamaha XSR Models. I have been told that Yamaha Thailand is already working on it to bring these models to the Thai Market. :D  I dont have any Dates but they used the word "soon".

Ross-XSR900-G.jpg

Edited by SoFarAndNear

$9490 for std. colour I read ....so about 300,000 baht plus all that import duty here. Shame it will end up at god knows what... 450/500k?

Mate in Oz just bought a Yamaha bolt, 409k here, less than 300k in Oz.

Nice looking bike though this XSR900. However Ill wait a while to see if the Z900RS comes into play maybe 2018 (and when Ive got the spondoolies to chuck at a nice big toy).

2 hours ago, KhruGin said:

$9490 for std. colour I read ....so about 300,000 baht plus all that import duty here. Shame it will end up at god knows what... 450/500k?

Mate in Oz just bought a Yamaha bolt, 409k here, less than 300k in Oz.

Nice looking bike though this XSR900. However Ill wait a while to see if the Z900RS comes into play maybe 2018 (and when Ive got the spondoolies to chuck at a nice big toy).

Yes hopefully it stays under 500k. Yes, Thai Import Duty is so bad. If it would contribute the countries roads itself it would be okay. But since a big amount just lands in the pockets of the high ranking officers its just a big shame.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Motorcycle Thailand already posted the Thai/English parts catalog and free to download English Owner’s manual, which mains that the Yamaha XSR900 is actually coming. One of the editors I connected replied that tomorrow Motorcycle Thailand will reveal more information…

Was looking at one in the Yamaha agents showroom here in Singapore a couple of Months ago.

I like the tank, it reminds me of RD250/350LC.

Apart from that I wasn't overly impressed, probably cos I had just been drooling over a new MT-10.

Still prefer the looks of the MT-09.

On 15/08/2016 at 1:38 PM, pbas400 said:

YES made in France for the XSR700, the market is for Europe

but for the XSR900, i dont know...maybe made in Japan or ? 

If it is coming to Thailand there has to be a Japanese production line. The Thai - Japan FTA is the reason Japanese made bikes are now here at relatively reasonable prices.

There is no EU - Thailand FTA covering motorbikes. This has reminded me of Honda's very economical CBF 1000F which is/was only made in Italy. Needless to say, it never came to Thailand.

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Briggsy said:

If it is coming to Thailand there has to be a Japanese production line. The Thai - Japan FTA is the reason Japanese made bikes are now here at relatively reasonable prices.

There is no EU - Thailand FTA covering motorbikes. This has reminded me of Honda's very economical CBF 1000F which is/was only made in Italy. Needless to say, it never came to Thailand.

CB 1100 is available, retro styling,great looking.

3 hours ago, Hedghog said:

I can appreciate your viewpoint but not share it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The CBF 1000 F is aimed at quite a different type of rider (someone like me!) who wants a bike set up for longer distance riding with greater comfort and smoother power delivery. Alas, never to be in Thailand.

5 hours ago, Hedghog said:

That is like ordering a steak in a restaurant and they bring you fish.

Comparing apples and oranges here, two completely different bikes.

• 5 months later...