Bartering on New Motorcycles/Scooters?

After renting for a few months, I plan on picking up a new motorcycle or scooter soon. Likely something a bit higher end (Vespa or Royal Enfield.) These bikes have list prices which seem to be followed at the dealerships, can I expect to pay less than this? If so what sort of discount am I looking at? Will paying in cash instead of financing entitle me to more bargaining power? Any tips are appreciated as I have never bought a new motorcycle here before, my Thai is terrible, and I am a notoriously bad barterer...

They won't move on the price, but they'll throw in some freebies, for a scooter, it's mostly helmet and jacket, for a big bike it can go to free registration and insurance for the first year.

Unless you go to Honda Big Wing, I got f#ck all when I bought my bike there.

I'm trying to make up my mind between vintage vespa, LML Star (Indian 4-speed "Vespa"), Centaur Stallion,  or Royal Enfield. Royal Enfield might be out of my budget since I just read that they don't import the 350cc variant here. On this thread I'm trying to figure out if I can expect to save much off the list price on a new bike in general (regardless of make/model)

3 hours ago, bramds said:

The 400 version is bigger than the 150, also has larger rims.

Just find a dealer and sit on it :-)

I saw one today st Mityon in Pattaya. 

Much bigger than the 150cc. 

Similar to the SR400 in size I'd say. 

• 3 weeks later...