visarun from malaysia to thailand and back...

Hello,

right now i stay in malaysia on thsi social visit stamp for 90 days, 

i want to renew this and therefore i think of going back to thailand for the main reason to enter malaysia for a new stamp again...

i plan to do it tomorrow because the social visit ends than, may question now is, if there are any difficulties to expect at the thai border coming from malaysia to get the visa on arrival stamp there...

i have already  3 thai tourist visia nealy in a row in my passport, can they ask me to show a return ticket or to produce 10.000 baht in cash to confirm my liquidity, i also heared that people use to put 200 baht 'accidentely' in their passports to avoid any difficulties...

anay ideas or experience about it?

Since you are asking about the reverse out and back you have two countries involved. 

The Thailand side should not be a problem since you have been out of the country for some time.

Not sure about the Malaysia side but I have heard it is also is not normally a problem unless you have done it several times.

• Like 1

The infamous 'bribe-border-point' into Thailand is Sadao.  The generally "friendly" border-point is Padang Besar, where the train crosses. 

Whether or not you will face any issues is unclear at this time, as even those with valid Tourist Visas are now being flagged by the computer and questioned.  We do not know the 'limits of stay' or 'minimum time out of Thailand' which are used, or what options / leeway the officer in charge at the checkpoint has under different visa-history conditions.

Carrying 10K Baht is a good idea, though some with the cash have been denied entry for Visa Exempts, and what was written in their passport was using the excuse of not having the cash.  The only recourse for them would have been to spend some time in detention (up to 7 days), to get a hearing, to appeal their denial.

Would it be possible for you to make the border-run into Singapore, instead?  If I were in your shoes (I get 90 days free in Singapore), that is where I would try first.  Although famous for being strict, Singapore may be a better bet for you than Thailand's "'mystery alert" system.

15 hours ago, JackThompson said:

The infamous 'bribe-border-point' into Thailand is Sadao.  The generally "friendly" border-point is Padang Besar, where the train crosses. 

Whether or not you will face any issues is unclear at this time, as even those with valid Tourist Visas are now being flagged by the computer and questioned.  We do not know the 'limits of stay' or 'minimum time out of Thailand' which are used, or what options / leeway the officer in charge at the checkpoint has under different visa-history conditions.

Carrying 10K Baht is a good idea, though some with the cash have been denied entry for Visa Exempts, and what was written in their passport was using the excuse of not having the cash.  The only recourse for them would have been to spend some time in detention (up to 7 days), to get a hearing, to appeal their denial.

Would it be possible for you to make the border-run into Singapore, instead?  If I were in your shoes (I get 90 days free in Singapore), that is where I would try first.  Although famous for being strict, Singapore may be a better bet for you than Thailand's "'mystery alert" system.

Singapore is no problem at all because there can be no question of you living there on 90 day entries trust me on this but then who would want to  live in Singapore that is unless you have a wad thick enough to choke a donkey

The problems WILL arise if you try and  re-enter Malaysia by land over the causeway via Johor Bahru

immigration 

My description of them is '%$(£+_? but others would say they are only doing their job but with commendable enthusiasm

I am above all that nonsense now as I have found a Malaysian wife 

And as any self respecting Englishman would say Im all right Jack for the time being anyway

If it has to be Singapore  then fly out as you already have a Malaysian history this should help to put you on the safe side 

Good luck

You should be wary of Padang Bezar, often considered sleepy - they do have times when they enforce the rule to stay in Malaysia for one night.

I don't know if thats currently in force, but last time I came back through on a multi-entry O visa, the IO wouldn't pass me a TM6 card until she saw the stamps on my passport. As it happened, i spent the weekend in Malaysia, so nothing for her to say. That was 2-3 months back.

If this is the case, they will tell you and you walk back and get a 300B room in MY for the night.

I came back through Sadao two weeks ago, the IO didnt ask to see funds, but busted my balls by going through every used page in my passport, I'm not too sure why, maybe it made him feel good or maybe he was waiting for the computer to update my history. I was prepared to go out and get 20,000B from the cash machine if so required, I prefer not to carry that much in my pocket when I'm on a weekend camp in Malaysia.

11 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Singapore is no problem at all because there can be no question of you living there on 90 day entries trust me on this but then who would want to  live in Singapore that is unless you have a wad thick enough to choke a donkey

The problems WILL arise if you try and  re-enter Malaysia by land over the causeway via Johor Bahru

immigration 

My description of them is '%$(£+_? but others would say they are only doing their job but with commendable enthusiasm

And as any self respecting Englishman would say Im all right Jack for the time being anyway

If it has to be Singapore  then fly out as you already have a Malaysian history this should help to put you on the safe side 

Good luck

If you have a Malaysian wife you don't have to worry at all. Just get a photocopy of her id-card  if you enter JB back from Singapore. Use the second causeway and not the main immigration check-point indide JB.

Edited by MobileContent

30 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

If you have a Malaysian wife you don't have to worry at all. Just get a photocopy of her id-card  if you enter JB back from Singapore. Use the second causeway and not the main immigration check-point indide JB.

I have read your post several times and I have still not got a clue what you are waffling on about old cock

Malaysian wife equals long term visa at almost naff all cost and even less stress renewing it