Homtom HT7 Pro

nellyp

I have just received  one of these phones, but I am confused by the telephpne signal I am getting next to the bars it sayshas a capital E and a small capital E above that. I have put a sim in it that used to get 3G. Does anybody know what this means? The preffered net work is set at 4G though it asks if I want to connect to 3G+ not 4G. The phpone is also getting hot. The phone looks good but I need to sort out these things.

Cheers

for any help

By the way. my usual SIM cards are the big type and do not fit in the phone. What can I do about that?

Your phone service provider can issue you the correct size SIM, keeping the same number...just takes a couple of minutes in their office.  If you are not convenient to the provider, most phone shops have a special cutting tool that can resize your SIM.

If the phone is getting noticeably hot, check for an app, such as a music player or a game running in the background.  If it gets hot when charging it may be a problem with the charger.  

No idea why you are getting the "E".  Usually there are carrier designations on the top bar but I don't recognize "E"

I now have a 3G next to the bars, but I still have the capital R ( not E) next to it.

Luckily my wife's SIM was the one that you can take the mini part out from the bigger part.

Phone no longer getting hot either.

Now I cannot figure out why I cannot get the data plan to start on the phone. Wieless is fine, but data simply does not kick in. I am worried that the frequency is not compatible, though I have been assured on another thread that I would have no problems

Edited by nellyp

I brought one of these phones for my little girl so she can watch Youtube and use messeneger.

From what i gather they are only 3g not 4g, also i can only get the data to work if i have data roaming turned on (Dtac).

Good sturdy phones she has had it 5 months and still going strong unlike my own phone when she asked to borrow and which she managed to smash the screen on the first day!

Edited by 2008bangkok
Add

Yeah, the HT7 is 3G and the HT7 Pro is 4G. i turned on the data roaming to see if I could get the data plan to work, and now I have 3G written next to the R written next to the 3G written next to the bars. Wow, this is confusing lol

The data plan works now (after turning on data roaming), but I am worried it is going to rack up other charges too

My little girl is happy with the phone too, but she is 36 and hopefully will not drop it 555 lol

Edited by nellyp

23 hours ago, nellyp said:

The data plan works now (after turning on data roaming), but I am worried it is going to rack up other charges too

My little girl is happy with the phone too, but she is 36 and hopefully will not drop it 555 lol

LOL hopefully she will have grown out of that by now.

I spoke with dtac as i was initially worried about extra charges but they told me when in Thailand roaming turned on or off doesnt matter its the same. and in the 5 months i have not had any extra charges.

4 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

LOL hopefully she will have grown out of that by now.

I spoke with dtac as i was initially worried about extra charges but they told me when in Thailand roaming turned on or off doesnt matter its the same. and in the 5 months i have not had any extra charges.

Thanks for this. I have no worries now, apart from getting the 4G to work. I'll go to the shop tomorrow about that. I tried changing the card slot and setting up the APN but they didn't work