Thai government threatens to BAN Pokemon Go

snoop1130

Thai government threatens to BAN Pokemon Go

pokemon-go3-630x336.jpg

Thailand’s telecoms regulator, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC) on Wednesday said it will ban Pokemon Go outright if ‘sensitive’ locations are not removed from the game.

The NBTC issued the warning after officials called for special zoning areas to be introduced that would prevent locations such as hospitals, military bases, government offices and other areas of national security from featuring in the game.

The threat of an outright ban comes as Takorn Tantasith, secretary general of the NBTC on Tuesday met with Thailand’s five telecoms companies, AIS, True, Corp, Total Access Communication Plc and the state owned CAT and TOT to discuss safety and the implications people playing the game could have on landmarks and other locations in Thailand.

Yesterday, Takorn said that executives from True Corp, which holds the master license for all Pokemon content in Thailand will ask Niantic Inc, the game’s developers to remove certain locations from the game.

Full Story: http://tech.thaivisa.com/thai-government-threatens-to-ban-pokemon-go/16757/

-- THAI TECH by THAIVISA.COM 2016-08-10

3 minutes ago, Caps said:

Well, free speech is banned so why not Pokemon Go...it will be no great loss 

Seems only sensible to me to ban Pokemon go if they don't exclude certain sensitive area's. You don't want people playing it in hospitals or wandering into army bases. 

Just now, robblok said:

Seems only sensible to me to ban Pokemon go if they don't exclude certain sensitive area's. You don't want people playing it in hospitals or wandering into army bases. 

I agree, i was just being sarcastic but if it was banned I would not loose sleep over it. 

I find the whole thing a complete waste of time.  But hey if it flicks your switch! (and I don't mean yours)

Just now, Caps said:

I agree, i was just being sarcastic but if it was banned I would not loose sleep over it. 

I find the whole thing a complete waste of time.  But hey if it flicks your switch! (and I don't mean yours)

I like some computer games at times.. but not Pokemon. Anyway I would not loose any sleep over it either but find it a bit of an oversight that there are no excluded zones and stuff like that. I have even heard about them appearing at busy highways. That can't be a good thing. 

Anything that they cannot control gets banned;  political meetings, freedom of speech, criticism  of the charter, criticism of the government, children's games, etc.

Edited by Hawk

2 hours ago, robblok said:

The PM hasn't got the patience to allow this nonsense to continue when it has an impact on the daily lives of the happy people and reduces community productivity. Pokemon fans should make the most of it while it is still legal.