Car chase in Bangkok ends in death of a motorcycle thief

webfact

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I'm struggling with the part about a 24 year old student owning a new BMW and coming from Hong Kong to Thailand to go to college.

Something about that doesn't pass the sniff test.

I'm struggling with the part about a 24 year old student owning a new BMW and coming from Hong Kong to Thailand to go to college.

Something about that doesn't pass the sniff test."

Try not to struggle too much, it is exhausting.

The man was on vacation from Hong Kong where his parents have a Thai restaurant (possibly successful?). He was driving his new BMW, ( possibly a present from his parents?) He probably has family here in Thailand as well.

He was raised most of his life in Hong Kong, not Thailand and was not here to study. 

There were 6 Thai men on 2 motorcycles who confronted him, already a problem for the police. Since it was one of the bad guys who bought the farm, there is less sympathy for his death.

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

lust 

you serious? a homicide is on hands.

Of course I'm serious. Why should I feel sorry for a thug getting what's coming to him? If someone puts a knife to my neck, I'm going to run his ass over. 

You should spend some time on liveleak. You should see all the mugging/stabbings for no reason at all. These people are scum. And with a world of 7 billion people, are you going to lose some sleep over some garbage being cleaned up? 

3 hours ago, bark said:

Send them to Australia; like you did 200 years ago. They take anyone.

When I travelled to Australia Immigration Officer asked me if I had a criminal record.

"Didn't know one still needs one anymore to be allowed in." I said.

Joking only.

52 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Something about that doesn't pass the sniff test."

Try not to struggle too much, it is exhausting.

The man was on vacation from Hong Kong where his parents have a Thai restaurant (possibly successful?). He was driving his new BMW, ( possibly a present from his parents?) He probably has family here in Thailand as well.

He was raised most of his life in Hong Kong, not Thailand and was not here to study. 

There were 6 Thai men on 2 motorcycles who confronted him, already a problem for the police. Since it was one of the bad guys who bought the farm, there is less sympathy for his death.

Bought a brand new BMW for a holiday in Thailand (at Thailand prices)?  And if his family is that loaded, why on earth would they send him to school in Thailand?  They could have sponsored him to dozens of schools around the world that would lead to a degree meaningful outside of LOS just for the coin they spent on the car.

They need to check into the guy before they accept the story that he's telling.  I'd be more inclined to believe he's Chinese or HK Chinese on a fake passport and his story about growing up in HK is just to explain why a Thai guy can't speak the language very well, and knows little or nothing about Thailand.   Perhaps a bad guy did get killed, but maybe a badder guy got away with murder.

Or maybe it's just like he said and he's visiting Thailand bopping around in his brand new holiday Beemer before starting a semester of rocket science at some world famous Thai school.

Edited by impulse

52 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"It wasn't on Ratchadapisek Rd."

It would seem otherwise?

".....after they robbed him of an iPhone and cash on Ratchadapisek-Raminthra road, ....."

Ratchadapisek is one road and Raminthra is another road. Ratchadapisek-Ramindra is a different road again.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Bought a brand new BMW for a holiday in Thailand (at Thailand prices)?  And if his family is that loaded, why on earth would they send him to school in Thailand?  They could have sponsored him to dozens of schools around the world that would lead to a degree meaningful outside of LOS just for the coin they spent on the car.

They need to check into the guy before they accept the story that he's telling.  I'd be more inclined to believe he's Chinese or HK Chinese on a fake passport and his story about growing up in HK is just to explain why a Thai guy can't speak the language very well, and knows little or nothing about Thailand.   Perhaps a bad guy did get killed, but maybe a badder guy got away with murder.

Or maybe it's just like he said and he's visiting Thailand bopping around in his brand new holiday Beemer before starting a semester of rocket science at some world famous Thai school.

Who said he can't speak Thai well? It's more common than you think, families based in both Hong Kong and Thailand. They could afford to send them somewhere more prestigious but they're not necessarily bothered about that unless the kids have got real potential or want to do it. As someone's already pointed out, they'll have family and homes here too and he'll have been over on visits. They're not going to be at the bottom of the social ladder. And it might be his Hong Kong upbringing that kept him at the scene though. 

I believe he was charged though. And not all of the objects stated in the article here were actually found at the scene. 

Well done to the BMW driver.

The best way to deal with scum like that is to wipe them out. I don't expect they had a meat cleaver because they were on the way to help daddy at the butchers. As we see on an almost daily basics they have weapons and they are more than happy to use  them.

One dead scumbag is no loss to Thai society.

6 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

mSQWlZdCq5b6ZLkvLjww8m6lx0wUUEd4.jpgHere's the scooter minus an engine.

I've seen plenty of crashed motobikes but never one with a missing engine like this. The Beamer must have hit in very hard so the engine flew out. 

Another option is Somchai didn't think it was necessary to place all the bolts to mount the engine.

But if 3 boys were on this scooter before this happened and only 1 died than the other 2 were very lucky. 

Regardless of the claims of the BMW driver,

I am inclined to side with him.

These 'dek vans' on motorcycles are a menace to society.

The motorbike scum got what was coming to him.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's more to the story though.

Maybe the altercation started somewhere else and the BMW kid conveniently left that out.

Edited by varun