Murder hunt on as Thai mother is shot dead at 7-11 counter in Bangkok

webfact

Murder hunt on as Thai mother is shot dead at 7-11 counter in Bangkok

p2.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A murder hunt is on after a 34 year old woman was shot dead in a 7-11 in the Ban Khun Thian area of western Bangkok yesterday evening.

Witnesses said a man who had been seen hanging about the area walked up to Chalinthorn Watanasap and after a brief conversation shot her four times in the stomach at point blank range, reported Thairath.

She collapsed while the shooter - a thin man of roughly the same age - escaped towards Rama 2 on a Honda motorcycle.His face was showing and he was caught on CCTV.

Police who rushed to the scene found the victim unconscious but still with a pulse. Desperate attempts to save her life failed, however, and she was later pronounced dead at Nakornthon Hospital.

She leaves behind a seven month old baby.

Police have studied CCTV footage and taken witness statements but they said that the description of the shooter does not match the ex-husband of the victim. The couple split up some time ago.

Relatives are being sought as police try to get a lead in the case.

They suspect that a love triangle is at the root of the case.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-11

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

Not impulsive, he brought a gun, premeditated !,

gchurch259

you are possibly right. there was some preparedness by the offender there must be something very serious between the two for him to shoot the victim at close range and  four shots to boot. very  sad for the deceased and worse still, for the seven moth old that she has left behind.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Reading the news, I'm not sure anymore if the term 'killing fields' is exclusively reserved for the Khmer Rouge era in Cambodia. There are way too many trigger happy morons with guns and a mindset of a 12 year old spoilt sh#%t kid on the streets.

Please tell me you're not a yank.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Reading the news, I'm not sure anymore if the

5 minutes ago, Merylhighground said:

The ego of the Thai male is a fragile thing, potentially deadly when even slightly 

Do you have many Thai male friends?

Our perhaps you made this sweeping generalization based on a couple of news reports you've read.

Over 3 decades living here, I've made many Thai friends and think your statement is based on ignorance.

1 hour ago, teacherpaul said:

Preparation, not preparedness.

Back to the dictionary teacherpaul.

I think his choice of word was fully understood by most TVF members and indeed quite appropriate. He did, after all, kill the poor woman. 

pre·par·ed·ness
prəˈper(ə)dnəs/
noun

1. a state of readiness, especially for war.
    "the country maintained a high level of military preparedness"

Just now, Johnniey said:

Do you have many Thai male friends?

Our perhaps you made this sweeping generalization based on a couple of news reports you've read.

Over 3 decades living here, I've made many Thai friends and think your statement is based on ignorance.

Many thanks, though maybe not as many as your Thainess has......three decades! Wow! I bet you're the only Westerner who's managed that long....ever....

If you think my statement is 'based on ignorance'  I'd say your above statement is based on cobblers.

This type of story is common in both the English language media and the Thai language media (if you can follow that, that is), even many 'plots' in the Thai dramas have a jealous, bratty male character in the mix. 

I take it you've never been in a position in a social gathering when a hot lass seems more interested in you than your billions of Thai pals. That could be an eye opener for you....

Just another day at the office. Dim witted Thai male savage probably has his delicate egg-shell ego bruised by a woman's rejection, so no self control, no rational thought about the consequenses. No thought to the woman's little baby. Rage...Kill...He showed her who the boss is.

3 minutes ago, Merylhighground said:

Many thanks, though maybe not as many as your Thainess has......three decades! Wow! I bet you're the only Westerner who's managed that long....ever....

If you think my statement is 'based on ignorance'  I'd say your above statement is based on cobblers.

This type of story is common in both the English language media and the Thai language media (if you can follow that, that is), even many 'plots' in the Thai dramas have a jealous, bratty male character in the mix. 

I take it you've never been in a position in a social gathering when a hot lass seems more interested in you than your billions of Thai pals. That could be an eye opener for you....

I agree with the other poster that your ignorant.

To condemn all males of an entire nation because  of news articles. I read quite a few about American shootings and I don't think all Americans are mass murderers. I have read some bad things about Brits too, and a lot of drug use among Dutch. Now to generalize like you do is just ignorant. 

To take movies/  tv series  as an example so funny, I wonder what you think about all the action and Western made horror movies :cheesy:

Just now, Merylhighground said:

The media I mentioned are intended as some kind of reflection of the culture. Who is 'condemning' an entire nation? I'm having a pop at the pampering and cosseting of Thai males from the egg to adulthood which results in incidents such as this.

You apologistas can rattle on until you're blue in the face but to ignore the 'fact' that there is a serious flaw in the Thai male ego just displays you all as blinkered fools who can't or refuse to see the truth when it bites you in the behind simply because it might paint your beloved Thailand in a bad light.

Thai males.. is 50% of the population (or less I have no exact statistics) that is condemning a total population and a huge generalization.

The media I mentioned does the same and the crap that the west produces shows just as much stupid stuff. 

You sound like a little boy with fear for Thai males, be careful going out and don't wet your panties.

I don't care it puts Thailand in a bad light I care that you say that ALL Thai males have fragile ego's and would at a moments notice kill someone. Now that there are quite some wacko Thai males around I don't contest you got idiots  and criminals in every country but that is totally different from saying its about 50% of the country. That is just idiotic.  

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I don't care it puts Thailand in a bad light I care that you say that ALL Thai males have fragile ego's and would at a moments notice kill someone

I haven't said that at all, however I have met only few well rounded, well balanced Thai males who I felt couldn't 'go off' in my time there.

Even my reasonably well to do, successful Thai pals can seem distinctly 'fragile' at times, especially the single ones when there is totty in the offing.

The apologista's failure to see or even acknowledge a there may be a problem with the Thai male ego is more disturbing than anyone over emphasising a widely perceived problem.....

1 hour ago, ScotBkk said:

It's always nice to know that the Grammar Police are not too far away to help out  :clap2:

It's not grammar here, but using the correct word. Otherwise, you're close to the 65M someone mentioned above.

Oh, and btw, this now happens in most countries.less and less knowledge, more and more resistance to learning.