Bomb in Hua Hin

Ciocco

Yes, there has been a bomb in the Bintabaht area.

This comes directly from a policeman who came to the bar I was sitting in and asked us to all go home.

He said there was 1 dead but they don't know too much at this stage. I was in an out of town bar at the time.

Looks like they're closing everything for the night.

Edit : It's now looking like there were two separate bomb incidents in different locations on the bintabaht side of the big temple in town.

Edited by ukrules
Add more information

8 minutes ago, rvbkk said:

i am following also, but some of our friends were there, it seems to be all 100% correct. 

Yeah, the police have locked down all the nightlife, not just in the center of Hua Hin, everything has been told to close.

The police came to where I was sitting (about 5 miles outside of town) just after 11:30.

This is big news but it's yet to hit the news wires apart from a small bulletin on Channel 3 news. I have heard from someone else that there were 15 injured as well at the one fatality.

I've never heard of anything like this in Hua Hin before.

Edited by ukrules

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Yeah, the police have locked down all the nightlife, not just in the center of Hua Hin, everything has been told to close.

The police came to where I was sitting (about 5 miles outside of town) just after 11:30.

This is big news but it's yet to hit the news wires. I have heard from someone else that there were 15 injured as well one fatality.

I've never heard of anything like this in Hua Hin before.

likewise, here many years and all seems surreal ! many questions will be asked, first one why Hua Hin??

Have the Muslims in the deep south of Thailand finally realized, that killing teachers and an occasional police officer, will not have any effect in the rest of Thailand.

Moving north? Final destination Bangkok to make "a difference"? Pure speculation on my part.

Cheers. 

from facebook:

My girlfriend went to Blue Monkey and arrived seconds after the 1st or 2nd bomb. One of our friends had her lag almost blown off. In hospital now. Bomb apparently hidden in pot plants. Som Tum lady outside Blue Monkey apparently died from her injuries unfortunately. Heard 4 casualties already and Hua Hin hospital is full of injured.

I rang the owner of blue monkey straight away, she said blood was every where and lots injured

3 minutes ago, swissie said:

Have the Muslims in the deep south of Thailand finally realized, that killing teachers and an occasional police officer, will not have any effect in the rest of Thailand.

Moving north? Final destination Bangkok to make "a difference"? Pure speculation on my part.

Cheers. 

It seems they want to make western victims by choosing Hua Hin...Pattaya is another hotspot for westerners and yup also some area's in Bangkok.

Why Hua Hin? Because there are now some B astards out there trying to destabilize tourism / public life in this way, to get the governments attention for their cause. I wouldn't be surprised if the problems down south have got something to do with it. Speculation I know.

more facebook:

Very disturbing turn of events here in Hua Hin. We were out seeing a couple of bands down on Soi Bintabaht when 2 bombs were detonated very close to where we were. The first one did some slight damage but the second blast blew a lot of glass out onto people and there were about 15 serious injuries. The police and the army are clearing everyone out of the area now.

This is the facebook page of a local reporter here in Hua Hin, it's Thai only but he always takes photos when doing his job.

He is a journalist based in Hua Hin. There are photos from the scene here so if you want 'reality filters' don't click it.

https://www.facebook.com/talayhuahin

Edited by ukrules

15 minutes ago, JImH2O said:

Are you f*ng joking me. What's up with their ridiculous statements, can't they just shut it until more is known?

Think you should read the article again. That comment referred to a previous bomb in the Southern states.

Delusional ........conditioned .............pathetic............(In God we Trust) (Allah Akbar).......just a delusion .... sad for the loss of life and pain of injuries,  caused by the above ....

Man's inhumanity to man....again......and again and again and AGAIN!

So the bomb exploded around midnight on the birthday of the queen in the royal beachspot of Thailand.

Guess the bomber doesn't want this to be a nice day, so not sure if it is against tourists only. 

Also that somtam vendor was very unlucky to park her cart right next to that flowerpot containing the bomb. But the flowerpot is still there so it wasn't a very strong bomb i guess.