Hua Hin latest: City on lock down as police release CCTV image of suspected bombers

Hua Hin latest: City on lock down as police release CCTV image of suspected bombers

hha.jpg

HUA HIN:-- All major roads in and out of Hua Hin have been closed after multiple bomb attacks rocked the popular coastal resort on Thursday and Friday.

At around noon on Friday, police closed Phetkasem Road in both directions in and out of Hua Hin.

Police have also released CCTV images of two men who are believed to be involved in the bombings.

cctv.jpg

Police image of two suspects in the bombings

Earlier, Thai media reported that police already have a third suspect in custody, with ThaiRath reporting that the suspect had admitted to planting 11 bombs across Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in Hua Hin, police were investigating suspicious packages found at a number of locations throughout the city, including Hua Hin train station, Soi 68 and the area known locally as 19 Rai.

The Market Village shopping mall, Tesco Lotus and Cicada Market were also evacuated, with shoppers informed that both sites would remain closed for the rest of Friday.

City centre bars and restaurants were also ordered to remain closed, with the official advice for locals and tourists was remain indoors and avoid central Hua Hin.

The advice comes after Hua Hin was rocked for a second time in a matter of hours when two more bombs exploded on Friday morning.

RELATED: Hua Hin bombs prompts Facebook to active Safety Check feature

The first of the explosions took place at around 9am close to Hua Hin clock tower, with a second device detonating just minutes later. One person is believed to have been killed and three others were seriously injured.

Police have now confirmed that one person was killed and 20 others injured when two bombs exploded in the Soi Bintabaht entertainment area of the city. On Friday morning, officials released the names of the injured foreigners.

Hua Hin Hospital:

1 Vriesema Michelle, Dutch woman

2 Josephine Elsabeth, Dutch woman

Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital:

1 M. Yanzwam, Dutch man

San Paolo Hua Hin Hospital

1 Hannah Sandra Liane Sopio, 17

2 Lorenzo Minoti, 21

3 Luisa Annett Anna Schiffmann, 19

4 Erica Vogel, 48

5 Addrea Tarrioli, 41

6 Sonata Bneno, 16

7 Rebecca Hollauf, 20 

Elsewhere in Thailand, numerous bombings have been reported in southern provinces on Friday.

At around 8am, two bombs went off close to a marine police station in Surat Thani, killing one person .

Two more bombs exploded in Patong in Phuket, close Walking Street, with reports of one person injured.

phuket.jpg

In Trang, a fire which is believed to be the result of an explosion, is estimated to have caused more than 100 million baht's worth of damage to the Lee Mart department store.

It is still unclear who carried out the attacks and their motives. However, the authorities have been quick to rule out Islamic extremists as the perpetrators.

At a press briefing on Friday, Prime Minister Prayuth order security be stepped up across the country and added that the “perpetrators must have ill intentions against development of our country.”

Thailand under siege: Timeline

August 11
3:30pm: Bomb at Centre Point in Trang kills 1 person, 7 injured.

10:10pm: Two bomb blasts in front of Johnny Bar in Soi Bintabaht kills one, injures 20, 10 foreigners injured.

August 12
2.30 am: Fire at Lee Mart Department Store in Trang, around Bt100 million in damage.
8.02 am: Two bomb blasts in front of Surat Thani Police Station killed 1 injured, 4 inured.
8:05 am: Two bomb blasts in Phuket's Patong Beach one person reported injured
8:50 am: Fire at Lotus Department Store in Nakorn Si Thammarat.
9:02am:  Two bombs explode near Hua Hin Clock Tower. One dead, 3 seriously injured.
10.00am: Hua Hin Market Village evacuated.
10:05am: Suspicious device found at 19 Rai, close to Hua Hin Immigration office
10.30am: Explosion in Phang Nga, no reports of casualties.
11:10am: Suspicious device found at Hua Hin train station
12:00pm: Police release CCTV images of two suspects
12:10pm: Thai media reports police have a third suspect in custody who admitted to planting 11 devices in Hua Hin
12:30pm: Suspicious package found near Soi 68 - bomb disposal teams at the scene.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-12

Hua Hin town almost deserted

image-14-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

HUA HIN: -- The once busiest Hua Hin town at weekend turned almost like a ghost city today when all shopping centres and popular tourist spots were closed and residents were asked to stay homes while tourists remaining in their hotels as explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) from the police and the military combing the town looking for unexploded bombs.

EOD police destroyed a bomb planted near the Hua Hin railway station thus morning, while another suspicious object was hanging at a power post in front of Kiatnakin bank in the town.

Meanwhile the main Phetkasem Highway entering Hua Hin town was also closed to all traffic and traffic police advised motorists to use other road instead.

The town remained unsafe as security officials feared more bombs might be left behind.

Vehicles coming from Cha-am on the Phetkasem highway were told to use Soi Hua Hin 6 along the irrigation canal road instead to enter the town, while those coming from Pranburi were advised to use Soi Hua Hin 112 to exit at bypass road.

Commander of Zone 7 provincial police Pol Maj Gen Charnthep Sesavej said today that the bomb explosion this morning near the clock tower in Hua Hin killed one woman employee of Hua Hin Municipality.

He said total casualties in the bomb attacks last night and this morning injured 10 foreign tourists.

At San Paulo hospital are 1. Ms Hannah Sandra Ciane Siane Scipio, 17, a German national, 2. Mrs.Erica Vogel, 48, a German national, 3.Mrs Sonata Bneono, 16, a German national, 4. Mr Lorenza Minoti, 21, an Italian national, 5. Miss Luisa Anna Schiffman, an Italian national, 6. Mr Adrea Tarrioli, 51, an Italian national, 7. Mrs Rebecca Hollauf, 20, an Austrian national.

And three others at Hua Hin hospital are all Dutch nationals. They are Miss Josephine Elisabeth, 23, Mrs Vriesema Michelle, 19, and Mr A.F.P.M. Van Swam, 72.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/hua-hin-town-almost-deserted/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-12

Walking around Soi Binabaht this afternoon I was talking to many locals and they are all looking really scared. A lady I spoke to was right next to the blast last night. She was still shaking and peered out from her door to talk to me. 

The place is a ghost town now. Many bar employees sitting in front of closed bars where saying "No one come to Hua Hin now".

Many tourist were not aware of what had happened last night and came out this morning to find deserted streets and Police and Army patrols.  

1 hour ago, gamini said:

one of the suspects is wearing a red shirt and cap!! seems like a repeat of when the red shirts resorted to terrorism because they didn't like the the Democrat government  

Yeah because they're too stupid to understand that a red shirt or cap might be a Giveaway! Make a me think false flag but even a false flag attacker couldn't be that dim witted.

12 minutes ago, Alwyn said:

Yeah because they're too stupid to understand that a red shirt or cap might be a Giveaway! Make a me think false flag but even a false flag attacker couldn't be that dim witted.

Yes they could.  Never underestimate the prevalence of stupidity on either side in the scenarios you are suggesting.

2 hours ago, gamini said:

one of the suspects is wearing a red shirt and cap!! seems like a repeat of when the red shirts resorted to terrorism because they didn't like the the Democrat government  

That's evidence enough for me - string 'em up! Anyone wearing a red shirt if its not Sunday should be immediately arrested under section 44. Hang on! supposing its a yellow shirt DISGUISED as a red shirt?. What faction do you suppose the light blue shirt supports? Oh Oh, the Queen's colour. Is he a patriot bombing for the Nation or a terrorist in a cunning disguise to make a fool of Thai Visa posters and the RTA?

Gamini how old are you? I guess either 10 or less or 94+ because anything in between would surely have more sense.

2 hours ago, gamini said:

What a  pathetic and brainless comment ... may be he cheers Liverpool or Arsenal or China..

Whatever, I often spend time at the night market in Hua Hin, eating at the seafood restaurants at the back, and I take this as an attack on me, personally. So I don't want any cover up, I have no agenda, I just want to know who did it.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Walking around Soi Binabaht this afternoon I was talking to many locals and they are all looking really scared. A lady I spoke to was right next to the blast last night. She was still shaking and peered out from her door to talk to me. 

The place is a ghost town now. Many bar employees sitting in front of closed bars where saying "No one come to Hua Hin now".

Many tourist were not aware of what had happened last night and came out this morning to find deserted streets and Police and Army patrols.  

violence has rarely been reduced after military coups have taken over.  as the years go by people get frustrated, resentment grows, etc.  Not saying this has any relation to that, I am just saying that throughout history that is common.  One overthrow leads to others.

I have to ask. Why are people so suddenly accusing, Red, Yellow, the present

PM, or anyone?  I think it is someone else who did this. Not that I know who they

are, but I am not so quick to accuse any one from Thailand yet.

I am just glad that none of these bombs that went off were any bigger.

I do hope that Hua Hin bar areas are still hopping this Winter, and I do plan on spending at lease part of my vacation there as well as Bangkok and Jomtien areas.

I do plan to see Thailand again this Winter, and I hope the cowards that did these

bombings are caught, and get a nut or two removed.

Stargeezer

20 hours ago, gamini said:

gam,imi

is it not a little premature to come to any conclusions which will only be made after thorough investigation.

2 hours ago, andyww said:

Seems like everything open again today, although very quiet.

Market Village open. 

Cicada market will be open later.

the sooner things go back to normal the better for everyone. many are dependent for livelihood  from the day to day turnover.more importantly we hope the insane acts will end here and now.

Archived