Private sector says bombing has only short-term impact on economy

rooster59

Private sector says bombing has only short-term impact on economy

image-19-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

BANGKOK: The private sector is confident that the bombing incidents at tourist locations in several southern provinces will have only short-term impact after international terrorism was ruled out.

Thanawat Pholvichai, director of the Economic and Business Forecasting Centre of the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, voiced his confidence after authorities ruled out international terrorism as the cause.

But he said investigation by security authorities should determine if the violence had any link with the southern insurgency in the deep south, or it was the work of any group of opportunists hoping for some gains in the violence.

However he believed it was domestic affairs, adding in such scenario, the impact on economy would be short-term and minimal.

He put the economic loss from the bombing incident at just a billion baht, while expressing confidence the country will return to peace and order quickly, if security authorities could establish the exact cause faster.

Thai Chamber of Commerce vice president Mr Kalin Sarasin also shared the same view saying that the bombing incidents have only short-term impact as he believed the government could restore peace and order quickly.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/private-sector-says-bombing-short-term-impact-economy/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-13

"The private sector is confident that the bombing incidents at tourist locations in several southern provinces will have only short-term impact ... He put the economic loss from the bombing incident at just a billion baht "

How about the long-term emotional and economic impact on the families and loved ones of those killed and injured?  Haven't read one story about the personal losses involved.

They don't even try and hide what's number one.  Money and profit. 

Edited by jaltsc

32 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"The private sector is confident that the bombing incidents at tourist locations in several southern provinces will have only short-term impact ... He put the economic loss from the bombing incident at just a billion baht "

How about the long-term emotional and economic impact on the families and loved ones of those killed and injured?  Haven't read one story about the personal losses involved.

money and profit is nr 1 all over the world. the only difference is in thailand they will blatantly focuss on money whereas elsewhere they will give us some bs  emo spin...

Thailand will always rebound. 

The tourist arrival objective FACTS over the last 18 years show a trend of this. Obviously it has its dips in the off season and the times of political trouble , but over all it continues to rise. This is a trend and not a manipulation of figures. It is accepted that tourist number have gone up and people have moved on from dismissing these facts.

Unless of course there is facts that state otherwise which I would love to see. Of course the "facts" I read here like "I stayed in hotel and the room next door was vacant so tourist numbers have gone down" or "I don't see as many tourist buses as I used to so tourism has been destroyed" and my personal favourite  (you know who you are) "I went to the beach this morning and I didn't see anyone on it so the Junta have destroyed the industry" That one always brings a wry smile to my face.

Anyway good luck Thailand and since the tourists make up 10% of the economy of Thailand I hope it rebounds quickly. The violent minority will never win.

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 4.51.44 PM.png

Edited by djjamie

^^^ @Post 6 

Here we go again with djjamie and TAT's bogus numbers of "visitors" chart.

30,000,000 in 2015?

Do the math: that breaks down to 56 "visitors" a minute, 24/7, of every day in the year 2015.

Right. :coffee1:

P.S. To the private sector:

The dead bodies aren't even cold yet, you soulless bastards.

What kind of "impact" did they have to endure?

Edited by iReason

a) What? No statement from TAT or the notorious Mrs. Kobkharn yet? 

b ) Courtjester Jamie...how about " I work for a tourist company and our numbers for tourists from Germany, Austria, Belgium, Holland...(you know...the ones who ACTUALLY leave money in the country!) are down for AT LEAST 3 years in a row now"? 

Does daddy know, you are using his computer again?

This statement sets no precedent. Anything that happens here, whether it be the rape and murder/blowing to bits of  tourists must quickly be said not to have any impact on the economy. What a cold hearted soulless bunch of bastards this race really is. 

Reading through a thread titled 'what attribute would you give the Thai', 'empathy' was the one stuck out. Disgusting money grabbing race.

33 minutes ago, Caveat Emptor said:

I'm sure I  saw a couple of your posts with Likes but now gone

oddly mine went too. All i said was that it was a bit premature to speculate on the damage to the tourist industry given that we don't yet even have a motive. 

Thaivisa

I'm nigh on sure anything that is or seems to be deprimental to TAT spin, is monitored on here and just mysteriously disappears without a trace. I've noticed a few posts go amiss unless paranoi is setting in and time to increase the meds :clap2:

3 hours ago, jaltsc said:

How does he come up with a billion baht figure?? So fast. Must be the referendum bean counters.