BMW G 310 R

Peterw42

From the article: " The 313cc fuel-injected BMW G310R revs to 10,500rpm, making 33.6 horsepower at 9,000rpm ... Peak torque is 2.9kgm, at 7,500rpm. BMW claims a over 145km/h top-speed, with 30km per liter fuel efficiency"

So 27 cc's more than a CBR300F and 3 bhp. Are they sure that it will only pull 145kmh? As for price ..4000 US (in the US) which would be about the same as the Honda ....but will the import tax make it  a lot more expensive? Interesting introduction and as long as the price isn't OTT I think many would prefer this as opposed to the Honda.

This model is manufactured in India.

Without specifically referring to this model or BMW's, how are motorbikes manufactured in India taxed when imported into Thailand? Is there an FTA or some ASEAN-Indian agreement? Are there any other bikes manufactured in India which are sold here? Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any mass market models. All the Japanese manufacturers have plants here whilst some of their top of the range larger models are made in Japan.

17 hours ago, Briggsy said:

This model is manufactured in India.

Without specifically referring to this model or BMW's, how are motorbikes manufactured in India taxed when imported into Thailand? Is there an FTA or some ASEAN-Indian agreement? Are there any other bikes manufactured in India which are sold here? Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any mass market models. All the Japanese manufacturers have plants here whilst some of their top of the range larger models are made in Japan.

All the small KTM's are made in India.