Alien Information Sheet

I went to Lopburi Immigration Office to do my 90-day check in a few weeks back because their online site seems to be down. I waited much longer than usual. It usually takes a maximum of 5 minutes to get everything done.

When my number came up, the lady at the counter asked me to fill out the Record of Foreigner Information form.

Seeing no other option, I begrudgingly obliged. There is no point in asking for those information on that paper. If anyone is up to no good, he wouldn't write it there at all.

I handed the paper back to the lady at the counter who politely said,

"Take home several copies of that form.
You will need to submit that every time you do your 90-day check in".

EVERY TIME? Once feels more than enough for me.

Is it the same in all immigration offices? When will the online check go back online?
12990950_1070934486298743_4747575113672088805_n.jpg

Edited by sensei

So it looks like a local problem for me. It is now a requirement at the Lopburi Immigration Office.

The lady at the counter specifically said that I have to submit a filled out form EVERY TIME I do a 90-day check in.

I hope this changes in the next 2 months.

The form as such is by far a local problem.

Spreading all over the country since March/April.

Many threads and endless posts.

What's annoying in your case: that they obviously want a new one on every visit.

Just recently a poster from Pattaya/Jomtien wrote he was told "only once".

Again disorder/disorientation at a Thai administration office.

Who wonders?

To the OP: did they require a photo? (another inconsistent behavior)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The form as such is by far a local problem.

Spreading all over the country since March/April.

Many threads and endless posts.

What's annoying in your case: that they obviously want a new one on every visit.

Just recently a poster from Pattaya/Jomtien wrote he was told "only once".

Again disorder/disorientation at a Thai administration office.

Who wonders?

To the OP: did they require a photo? (another inconsistent behavior)

Yes, looks like information about how this will be implemented is just filtering down through the different immigration offices. It also seems like that the information being passed down is rather inconsistent.

Yes, I was asked for a photo which means that I have to submit one every time I go there.

Having to to this  90-day thing is pointless already. Adding this annoyance is well beyond my comprehension.

If possible try to avoid report in person (possible by postal mail or internet?).

Your office is over the top.

In Phuket no photo required and the whole thing squeezed to one page :facepalm:

Three pages in your case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If possible try to avoid report in person (possible by postal mail or internet?).

I was about to try the online reporting for the first time but it wasn't working at that time when i needed to go. 

I just hope the Immigration office here in my province opens soon.

Thanks for the replies.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

???

Can you decipher your post please?

If you are referring to my post, allow me to clarify. IF any immigration office has allowed and lawfully given you a bloody visa in the first instance, it behooves all and any thai immigration office to follow procedure, according to Thai law. Ergo. despite all of the 'well, all immigration offices make up their own rules, they cannot. Geddit? Gottit? Good.

1 hour ago, dageurreotype said:

If you are referring to my post, allow me to clarify. IF any immigration office has allowed and lawfully given you a bloody visa in the first instance, it behooves all and any thai immigration office to follow procedure, according to Thai law. Ergo. despite all of the 'well, all immigration offices make up their own rules, they cannot. Geddit? Gottit? Good.

Get off your high horse and try to understand this...

There are only a few samples here but each one is different from each other.

Phuket immigration requires a foreigner to fill out a single page and does not require a photo while Lopburi immigration requires a foreigner to fill out a 3-page sheet and specifically asks for a photo.

Huahin and Prachinburi are not requiring anything at all as of the moment.

Can you please show the exact part of the law that requires a foreigner to fill out THIS form?

• Like 1

I had to fill one in Nan Immigration but left large amounts of it unfilled. They never mentioned it having to be filled in every 90 days as most people do it by post. I had to go in person as I was applying for an extension so I had to bite the bullet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chowny77 said:

I had to fill one in Nan Immigration but left large amounts of it unfilled. They never mentioned it having to be filled in every 90 days as most people do it by post. I had to go in person as I was applying for an extension so I had to bite the bullet.

Did the same thing, left a huge chunk blank.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

same in Kap Choeng and immigration there seemed to be just as annoyed by it as we are

• Like 2

So it seems, once again there are no universal rules.

I'm going to Chang Wattana tomorrow & have to fill out the form, though questions related to vehicle, places frequented, bank details, etc I'm leaving blank.

The whole issue of Immigration has no consistency, should be straightforward. Though it is "TiT"!!

Edited by eggers
  • Like 1

good mate of mine has just done his annual visit to Phitsanulok Immigration, he took along a completed Information form, handing it in along with all his retirement extension paperwork. The Phits officers hardly commented on it, just clipping it all together. When that office is quiet they are fairly quick, he was done in 30 mins, retirement, 90,day & single re-entry. Phetchabun will soon get its own office, maybe early next year now, they have the office, personnel etc, computer problems causing the delay. From here in south Phetch its a 500km round trip to the Phitsanulok one, bring it on.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Yet they can,and do.

• Like 1

Did my 90 day check in today at Chong Chom. 1 st time since moving to Buriram.  My retirement visa is from Bangkok.  I was expecting to be  questioned. I was in and out in 10 minutes. No forms to fill out just a smile and a thank you sir . Another  pleasant  day in Thailand 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Did my 90 day check in today at Chong Chom. 1 st time since moving to Buriram.  My retirement visa is from Bangkok.  I was expecting to be  questioned. I was in and out in 10 minutes. No forms to fill out just a smile and a thank you sir . Another  pleasant  day in Thailand 

Lucky you!

Did my 90 day at Nong Khai today and had to fill one out. It was a one page form printed on both sides and no photograph asked for. No mention of having to fill one out every time. I noticed that the paragraph referring to social media emails etc was optional on mine so I left it blank. Has far has I can see all the information they require apart from the social media etc and where you go on a daily basis they have on file already umpteen times over.

Edited by khastan
added text
  • Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎8‎/‎2559 at 9:36 PM, sensei said:

I went to Lopburi Immigration Office to do my 90-day check in a few weeks back because their online site seems to be down. I waited much longer than usual. It usually takes a maximum of 5 minutes to get everything done.

I was at  Lopburi  Immigration  back  in July  ,must have been about the same time ,and I filled out no forms .in and out in 15 minutes .

Must have just started  doing it ,but I have been using Lopburi office ever since it opened  ,it is different from other offices   ,for a  married  persons visa ,Lopburi says  money seasoned  in the bank for 3 months ,other offices  say  2 months .

Maybe Lopburi  does as Bangkok says ,to the letter ,and this is  the latest  thing . ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kickstart said:

I was at  Lopburi  Immigration  back  in July  ,must have been about the same time ,and I filled out no forms .in and out in 15 minutes .

Must have just started  doing it ,but I have been using Lopburi office ever since it opened  ,it is different from other offices   ,for a  married  persons visa ,Lopburi says  money seasoned  in the bank for 3 months ,other offices  say  2 months .

Maybe Lopburi  does as Bangkok says ,to the letter ,and this is  the latest  thing . ?

Maybe its that dragon lady (If you go to Lopburi Immigration, I am sure you know who I am talking about) who imposes that everything should be done to the letter.