90 Days Voa...can I Do Visa Runs When My Time Is Up?

Hello, my name is Leandro and I'm from argentina...and I have a question for u, I hope someone can help me with this one...argentina, as long with some other countries of south america, can get a 90 days VOA instead the more common 30 days VOA that other countries get, because argentina is one of the little countries that let thai people come over here without a tourist visa...so my question is, when I go there and get that 90 days on my arrival, when my time is up, can I get out of the country and get 90 more days? Cuz everybody tal about the 30 days VOA (that u can do 3 visa runs so u can get 90 days in total and then get out for other 3 months before entering again) but in my case I get 90 days without any visa run so I would like to know if I can do the 3 visa runs after my 90 days finish so I don't have to go out for 3 days and can stay the whole year there...

Thank you so much, I hope somebody can help me...

Love to all,

Leon

Hello, my name is Leandro and I'm from argentina...and I have a question for u, I hope someone can help me with this one...argentina, as long with some other countries of south america, can get a 90 days VOA instead the more common 30 days VOA that other countries get, because argentina is one of the little countries that let thai people come over here without a tourist visa...so my question is, when I go there and get that 90 days on my arrival, when my time is up, can I get out of the country and get 90 more days? Cuz everybody tal about the 30 days VOA (that u can do 3 visa runs so u can get 90 days in total and then get out for other 3 months before entering again) but in my case I get 90 days without any visa run so I would like to know if I can do the 3 visa runs after my 90 days finish so I don't have to go out for 3 days and can stay the whole year there...

Thank you so much, I hope somebody can help me...

Love to all,

Leon

There doesn't seem to be any reason why this wouldn't work Leandro. Certainly check with the Thai embassy or consulate in your capital city. What you have to take into account is the new legislation, or enforcement of the existing laws will occur three months after the 1st October. No one can be really sure how immigration will react when people try to return to Thailand requesting a fourth visa exemption. It appears to be pretty much 'wait and see'.

Thank u so much for ur reply....so rules will change again in 3 months? I hope they change for good then...by the way, when i said "I would like to know if I can do the 3 visa runs after my 90 days finish so I don't have to go out for 3 days and can stay the whole year there..." I meant 3 months, not 3 days, sorry folks :o

I would love to hear more opinions about this. Thank u so much to all.

Leandro "LEON"

II. List of countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of ordinary passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 30 and 90 days

30 DAYS

1. Laos

2. Vietnam

3. Hong Kong SAR (***)

4. Macau SAR (***)

(***) According to the Agreements on Exemption of Visa Requirements between Thailand and Hong Kong SAR and between Thailand and Macau SAR, all types of Thai passports including diplomatic and offcial passports shall be exempted from visa requirements for a visit of not exceeding 30 days to Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.

90 DAYS

1. Argentina

2. Brazil

3. Chile

4. Republic of Korea

5. Peru

NB : Nationals of countries which hold Agreements on Visa Exemption Requirements with Thailand intending to work or stay in Thailand beyond the agreed bilateral arrangement must apply for an appropriate visa before entry into Thailand in order to submit the application for work or stay permit.

Argentine passport (must be valid at least 90 days and in good condition)

required.

Visa not required for a max. stay of 90 days within any 6 month

period, provided coming for touristic purposes.

Above is the wording I found and read it as maximum 90 days within any 6 months.

I'm not aware that Argentinians are exempted from the Visa or can enter on VOA .

Please crosscheck with Immigration/Embassy.

As it look's now the Thai Immigration is serious about 3x30, so better get a Visa in your Homecountry before you arrive .

Argentineans, according to Thaivias.com are eligible for 90 day visa exempt entry stamp.

I do wonder how this will be treated on the 90 in 180 day rule that started out only applying to true visa on arrival countries.

TH