Hard Disk Video recorder

MrMuddle

10 minutes ago, Henryford said:

only from True's programes via their programme guide

I suspected as much,   also the files may be encrypted so can only play back from your box with valid subscription.

There are DVR's available on  Amazon and Ebay etc

Maybe some high end audio/video shops in Bangkok have some ,hate to think what sort of money they want for them though.

I just remembered  all those " Digital TV"  boxes that  sell in Big C , Tesco etc have a PVR function   if you plug a USB flash drive into the slot  it enables  recording and timeshifting  but you need to have an outside arial    and cant record from external sources  but the files are not encrypted.

Aconatic DVBT2.jpg

sample file

000.ts

Edited by johng

Is there a decent hard disk video recorder, (for recording from the TV), available in Thailand, preferably where one can program the time ?

Any potential solution would really depend on the exact nature of the content you wish to record, and how it is delivered to your home.

Do you have cable or satellite tv service? Or OTA (over the air)? 

Can you share what types of things you wish to record? I only ask because most material may be available legally in a streaming format, on demand. Are you interested in simple time-shifting?

With an Android box it can be reasonably simply to digitally record any stream based on source and time of day, but this may require known/good/reliable streams/sources. And some Android boxes support HDMI input, along with H.264 DVR capability based on a programmable schedule (but that would depend on the cable box being on, and tuned to the desired channel).

On 25/08/2016 at 5:30 PM, MrMuddle said:

I have a True Satellite dish. I am interested in recording football which is shown in the middle of the night here, so I can watch the games the next day.

Get their PVR it's great for late night recording and you can watch at your leisure.

On 25/8/2559 at 6:10 PM, mtls2005 said:

Do you have a reliable, robust internet connection?

You can probably stream a replay of the match? Maybe you'd need an inexpensive Android TV box to get it up on your telly.

Otherwise the mentioned TrueVisions HD-PVR http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/product

No, where I live the internet is pitiful. I'm lucky to get 2Mbps.