Need Visa Advice

my friend is using a Non-B visa and the school is processing his documents so that he can go and apply for the 1 year visa extension but his documents are not ready yet and he's worried that they won't be ready on time because he visa will expire on August 18. so here is his question: Can he get a 7 days visa extension to give him more time for his documents to be ready or he has to leave the country and apply for a new document? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If his permission to stay (not visa) expires before he can apply for an extension he will need to leave Thailand, on or before August 18th, and get a new non 'B' visa. On re-entery he'll get a new 90 day permit to stay and can apply for the extension within the last 30 (maybe 45) days.

1 minute ago, Popenerrow said:

so he can't get the 7 days?

No. There is no 7 day extension of stay.

They will only issue 7 days to leave the country to people that don't qualify for, or are declined, an extension of stay.

Op, the school had plenty of time to process the needed documents. You should tell him/her that they might want to see a police clearance as well. 

But you can't blame the school alone, there are so many websites where your friend would have gotten the right information.

It's nice to have friends, but please allow me this question: Why are you asking for your friend?

Can't he use computers, or can't he/she be bothered with such things? Good to have a friend like you. 

• 2 weeks later...
Op, the school had plenty of time to process the needed documents. You should tell him/her that they might want to see a police clearance as well. 

But you can't blame the school alone, there are so many websites where your friend would have gotten the right information.

It's nice to have friends, but please allow me this question: Why are you asking for your friend?

Can't he use computers, or can't he/she be bothered with such things? Good to have a friend like you. 

I'm asking for him because he's new here. He can use computers and mobile phones but I thought it would be faster for me to just ask here. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it