August 15, 201610 yr Hi, I am just checking to see if anyone has renewed their retirement visa extension recently? Any updates or changes since the last month? I have to go in by 26 August (expires on Sunday 28 August) I am in Chiang Mai and they are requiring the new personal information form on all transactions. Thanks.
August 15, 201610 yr You can apply for an extension in Chiang Mai up to 45 days in advance, so you can do it now! And you won't "lose time" because they grant it from the date of expiration of the previous extension. They there are reports that they have been enforcing the rule about having a TM30 on file for you selectively, in addition to requiring the the Foreign National Info Form. It's just a good idea to have a receipt for the TM30 that the owner of your residence/condo filed in your passport, just like you keep the receipt for your 90 day report in your passport. Also, last I heard, they're only distributing 20 queue tickets a day for retirement extensions, so plan to arrive by 6 am to snare a ticket. If you don't want to get up early, you can try going later and seeing if the queue is short that day. That's what I did when I got my extension back in January. I came about 43 days before expiration at 8:30, just as they were starting to distribute the queue tickets and I was No. 17 in the queue! If figured that by coming far in advance of expiration, I'd have ample opportunity to return another day.
August 15, 201610 yr Hi Nancy - could you please provide a list of the documents needed for an extension of the retirement visa permission to stay. I am also in Chiang Mai. Thanks for the tips on getting in early etc. especially now only 20 tickets a day. Like you, I have found in my previous visits to the Immi office in Promenada that on some days it is full and other days there are not many there - but it can be any day of the week. I also leave and try again another day if it is too busy - lunch at Dukes is always worth the trip
August 15, 201610 yr 1 hour ago, NancyL said: You can apply for an extension in Chiang Mai up to 45 days in advance, so you can do it now! And you won't "lose time" because they grant it from the date of expiration of the previous extension. They there are reports that they have been enforcing the rule about having a TM30 on file for you selectively, in addition to requiring the the Foreign National Info Form. It's just a good idea to have a receipt for the TM30 that the owner of your residence/condo filed in your passport, just like you keep the receipt for your 90 day report in your passport. Also, last I heard, they're only distributing 20 queue tickets a day for retirement extensions, so plan to arrive by 6 am to snare a ticket. If you don't want to get up early, you can try going later and seeing if the queue is short that day. That's what I did when I got my extension back in January. I came about 43 days before expiration at 8:30, just as they were starting to distribute the queue tickets and I was No. 17 in the queue! If figured that by coming far in advance of expiration, I'd have ample opportunity to return another day. Ooops - forgot to quote your post - please see my questions above .... newbie
Create an account or sign in to comment