Phuket leading property developer offers 100,000 baht cash reward for arrest of bomb suspect

webfact

Phuket leading property developer offers 100,000 baht cash reward for arrest of bomb suspect

150806-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PHUKET: -- A leading property developer in Phuket has offered a 100,000 baht cash reward to anyone who can give information that could lead to the arrest of bombers responsible for the bombings at Patong beach.

The reward was announced by Preechawut “Prab” Keesin, of the Pisona Group.

He announced the cash reward through his Facebook page with the running of the sketch image of the bomb suspect.

According to Phuket News, Prab is the son of the late Patong mayor Pian Keesin, and a powerful private transport, entertainment and real estate kingpin.

He decided to offer the reward with the aim of restoring confidence in Patong amongst residents and tourists, the local papers said.

“If locals cooperate and provide information and leads which result in the arrest of the suspects by authorities, it will certainly restore confidence in Patong, and it’s important that the public and locals are vigilent and assist to be the ears and eyes of their locale, and have a part in building confidence in Patong and assisting authorities in finding and prosecuting the culprits,” he said.

Meanwhile the local papers reported further that a security guard working for Patong’s China Town Plaza (Sai Nam Yen Plaza) commented on finding one of the suspicious items that caused an initial bomb scare on August 10, two days before an actual bomb was detonated, injuring one motorbike taxi driver.

Mr Kamthon Kedkaeo, a native of Krabi, explained that at about 6.40pm on August 10 he became suspicious when two male suspects abandoned a clear bag containing a strange device inside.

He said he became suspicious when the two suspects had entered a clothing shop to purchase clothes and shortly after finishing their purchase, returned to abandon the bag before leaving again.

Upon examining the bag, and failing to identify a strange contraption inside which comprised a “phone wrapped in a cloth and connected with wires”, he reacted quickly, noting “I didn’t think about my life at that moment, just thought that if it was a bomb it would cause a lot of damage to life and property in that area. So I grabbed it [the bag with device] and threw it into a container [with] water and rushed it out into an open parking lot, before notifying authorities.”

An EOD police on August 11 reported that the strange device was not a bomb, though authorities have yet to clarify exactly what it was.

When a bomb exploded on the morning of August 12, suspicions were aroused about the initial two suspects wanted for involvement in the August 10 incident.

Meanwhile, Paradise Beach, which is widely understood to be backed by the Pisona Group, is on schedule to host its next beachside Full Moon Party on August 20.

Though no cancellation has yet been announced, party revellers are advised to monitor the news regularly for updates in light of the central government ordering heightened security and survelience measures, especially in key entertainment and tourist destinations, which has resulted in a number of postponements and cancellations already.

A number of foreign embassies, including the UK, US and Australia, have also advised their citizens to exercise vigilance and avoid crowded areas.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/phuket-leading-property-developer-offers-100000-baht-cash-reward-arrest-bomb-suspect/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-15

So much here to make me puke ..

'A leading property developer in Phuket ' - a rackateer. Control the Patong Tuk Tuk mafia.

'Meanwhile, Paradise Beach, which is widely understood to be backed by the Pisona Group, is on schedule to host its next beachside Full Moon Party on August 20.' - of course it is. Cannot have anything interupting the money flow ... 

I am not taking anything away from this guy, as I think he is onto something. The government has once again, completely dropped the ball, and suffered from a complete loss of vision. They should be offering 10 million baht, as a rock bottom minimum. Maybe 100 million baht. 200,000 is an insult.

But, if this guy is really Phuket's leading developer, 100,000 is lunch money for him. Come on. Step it up. Be a man. Offer a real reward. 

6 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

So much here to make me puke ..

'A leading property developer in Phuket ' - a rackateer. Control the Patong Tuk Tuk mafia.

'Meanwhile, Paradise Beach, which is widely understood to be backed by the Pisona Group, is on schedule to host its next beachside Full Moon Party on August 20.' - of course it is. Cannot have anything interupting the money flow ... 

And I guess that little issue of encroachment at said Paradise Beach has been conveniently swept under the rug?