latest retirement requirements DOES ANY BODY KNOW?

I have read this and just wonder if this stamp is required now

"If using your Embassy Letter certifying income, it will need to have a stamp from the Department of Consular Affairs, which is located in Bangkok (this is a new requirement reported as of the end of March 2016" 

• Like 1

At this time I think there have been 3 or 4 offices in the central region reported as wanting the consular officers signature verified by the department of consular affairs.

It certainly is not official nor any sort of a nationwide rule. Not sure where the end of March date came from.

I saw this on 

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

on the second page, number 4. 

I also read a bit further down after the 2000 baht. It says and i quote

"

You will need a minimum of 15 days remaining on your permission to stay if applying in Bangkok or a couple days more than that if applying at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration to allow for transit time."

This maybe a concern too, because if i turn up on the last day, will they refuse my visa.

I wonder if anyone has, it would be interesting to know, as it means i will have to bring my visa appointment forward 15 days. I will try and make some calls regarding these points to try and clarify things.

In the mean time would be good to here from recent retirement visa people in Bangkok.

12 minutes ago, jasonslater said:

I saw this on 

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

on the second page, number 4. 

I also read a bit further down after the 2000 baht. It says and i quote

"

You will need a minimum of 15 days remaining on your permission to stay if applying in Bangkok or a couple days more than that if applying at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration to allow for transit time."

This maybe a concern too, because if i turn up on the last day, will they refuse my visa.

I wonder if anyone has, it would be interesting to know, as it means i will have to bring my visa appointment forward 15 days. I will try and make some calls regarding these points to try and clarify things.

In the mean time would be good to here from recent retirement visa people in Bangkok.

That is info for a applying for a conversion to a non immigrant visa not for an extension. Pattaya is the only place that has that requrement for a non immigrant visa application.

Pattaya does not require it to apply for an extension based upon retirement

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jasonslater said:

That goodness for that. Is that for both do you think, or just the the (15days requirement) 

Both

What you guoted is under this heading.

"DOCUMENTATION IF OBTAINING A NON-IMMIGRANT “O” VISA FROM THAI IMMIGRATION"

Just skip over that.