Nonthaburi Immigration Office

Have any members recently undertaken their retirement extention renewal at this office and if they accept letter from bank & updated passbook dated the day before you lodge your renewal paperwork to them or does it have to be the same day ??? thanks for your kind feedback. 

The last time I did my retirement extension at Nonthaburi Immigration (a few months ago) they did accept the bank letter dated the previous day, but they insisted that my bank book be updated on the same day as the application. They even made me make a trip to the nearest bank to get the bank book updated before they would process my application.

Must be the same day, and they don't accept fixed accounts anymore.

Best is to ask your bank  to put the date of your renewal and before you go to immigration you take some money out and update your bankbook.

Since this this year the ask  that you certify your affidavit from  your emnbassy at FMA

8 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

They don't accept fixed accounts anymore ... you have been turned down with a fixed account? 

I've been there last May, and the one eyed officer told me very clearly, that the bankaccount must show regular money go in and out . Even you have another account were you can show that monthly more than 65 000 Baht is deposit and use that account for daiy spending, was no use. This was confirmed by the Chieff sitting on right om the back.

Till recently  is used the income Affidavit, but my embassy is asking 800 Baht for it.  and with the new rule in Nonthaburi I have to certify that affidat at MFA, cost me an additionel 400 Baht in the speed procedure. So I was planning to use one of my fixed accounts.  But now the refuse it, so I will go on using an income affidavit. Its much cheaper than loosing intrest on 800 000 Baht.

20 minutes ago, henry15 said:

I've been there last May, and the one eyed officer told me very clearly, that the bankaccount must show regular money go in and out . Even you have another account were you can show that monthly more than 65 000 Baht is deposit and use that account for daiy spending, was no use. This was confirmed by the Chieff sitting on right om the back.

Till recently  is used the income Affidavit, but my embassy is asking 800 Baht for it.  and with the new rule in Nonthaburi I have to certify that affidat at MFA, cost me an additionel 400 Baht in the speed procedure. So I was planning to use one of my fixed accounts.  But now the refuse it, so I will go on using an income affidavit. Its much cheaper than loosing intrest on 800 000 Baht.

That's interesting ... I went in April. I took the bank letter and both fixed accounts and Current Account (Speed Savings) books and copies ... my CA is with CIMB so it gives not far from the savings account interest rate. My CA  had gone under the 800K for a couple of weeks, but was well above it on that date,  but anyway I had plenty in my saving accounts. That guy didn't want a copy of my Fixed Account but just accepted my Speed Savings Account ... forewarned for next year then. Previously I have used a mixture of CA and Fixed Accounts.

You may not know but at present CIMB are offering 1.6%pa on their Speed Savings Account (basically  a CA) above 1M THB. With my CIMB ATM card I can withdraw from that account using other banks ATMs with no charges in Province of course.  

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

Has anyone else who's used the Nonthaburi Immigration office either had the same -- or different -- experience as reported by the OP in this thread. Specifically:

--that Nonthaburi Immigration required MFA certification of consulate income letters.

--that Nonthaburi Immigration refused to accept a fixed deposit account to meet the bank deposits requirement, because they wanted a Thai bank account that showed proof of funds regularly coming in and then being spent.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

If CA stands for current account, do you get a cheque book with your CA with CIMB?

Yes ... CA stands for Current Account. But it's called a Speed Savings Account. 

What is a cheque book ... No I don't have one, but actually I have never asked for one...next time I go in I will enquire for you. I have Internet Banking with them but you don't seem to be able to pay everybody with it. 

If I owe money I do an ATM transfer to their bank account.

Sorry can't be of more help.

7 hours ago, Maestro said:

If CA stands for current account, do you get a cheque book with your CA at Kasikorn?

Sorry Maestro, I have no CA account, but an Save and an FCD  account with  with Kasikorn.

Also have an  Platinum Mastercard and no WP  needed to get one.

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ... CA stands for Current Account. But it's called a Speed Savings Account. 

What is a cheque book ... No I don't have one, but actually I have never asked for one...next time I go in I will enquire for you. I have Internet Banking with them but you don't seem to be able to pay everybody with it. 

If I owe money I do an ATM transfer to their bank account.

Sorry can't be of more help.

It does not appear to be a current count. A current account would be a checking account as they are are called in many countries. To get a current account here is difficult and at most banks would require a work permit.

Here is what a current account is at Bangkok Bank. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/CurrentAccounts/Pages/Default.aspx

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not appear to be a current count. A current account would be a checking account as they are are called in many countries. To get a current account here is difficult and at most banks would require a work permit.

Here is what a current account is at Bangkok Bank. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/CurrentAccounts/Pages/Default.aspx

Yes ... not a Current Account as per the link above. Elsewhere I said ' Actually the Speed Savings ... which is basically a current account needs 1Mthb to get the 1.6% (this month anyway, but the amount does vary'.

It's my Day to Day Account and pays at present 1.6%pa interest

I ATM from it whenever I want ... I use BB ATM's but can use any I think ... no limit on how many withdrawls each month. I now tend to use my Credit Card for everything that I can... but always follow the person to the dask when paying! Some places find that strange .....

I pay my CIMB Credit Card from it by using Internet Banking

It has a Book which the Bank updates for me whenever ... CIMB don't seem to have a book 'self update' facility like BB have.

I find it a very useful account. For some reason BB couldn't give me Internet Banking ... apparently I had more than one profile and they couldn't sort even after months so I moved my money to CIMB.  

I found this on my Internet Banking so they must have cheques somewhere ...

CIMB Cheques.JPG

Edited by JAS21

did the change the rules again? I was there in April and all I had to show was my affidavit from the USA Embassy that I got this much a month, and had to go to the TFA and paid 200 baht for the pink stamp on the affidavit to get my retirement visa. so next yr have to do what? I didn't have to show any bankbook.

someone please let me know what I would need next time I go there

12 minutes ago, thaijoe said:

did the change the rules again? I was there in April and all I had to show was my affidavit from the USA Embassy that I got this much a month, and had to go to the TFA and paid 200 baht for the pink stamp on the affidavit to get my retirement visa. so next yr have to do what? I didn't have to show any bankbook.

someone please let me know what I would need next time I go there

Probably no change for you but hopefully they will of done away with the consular officers signature verification you had to do this year.

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ... not a Current Account as per the link above. Elsewhere I said ' Actually the Speed Savings ... which is basically a current account needs 1Mthb to get the 1.6% (this month anyway, but the amount does vary'.

It's my Day to Day Account and pays at present 1.6%pa interest

I ATM from it whenever I want ... I use BB ATM's but can use any I think ... no limit on how many withdrawls each month. I now tend to use my Credit Card for everything that I can... but always follow the person to the dask when paying! Some places find that strange .....

I pay my CIMB Credit Card from it by using Internet Banking

It has a Book which the Bank updates for me whenever ... CIMB don't seem to have a book 'self update' facility like BB have.

I find it a very useful account. For some reason BB couldn't give me Internet Banking ... apparently I had more than one profile and they couldn't sort even after months so I moved my money to CIMB.  

I found this on my Internet Banking so they must have cheques somewhere ...

CIMB Cheques.JPG

Bangkok Bank online banking also shows checks but I have no current accounts. It probably is the same pages for all types of accounts.