Marriage Registration Help

Sibbo

I need some help on how to register my marriage to my Thai gf in England. A friend has informed my wife and I that all we need to do is get our certificates translated into English and then return to Chang Wattana to register.

Another friend has said it has to be completed - after translation - at the British Embassy. 

If anyone can shed any light on what I have to do, I would appreciate it. 

Also, what is the procedure for taking her back to England?

Thanks in advance. 

You will need to register you foreign marriage at an Amphoe.

The first step will be to have your marriage certificate legalized by the  Legalisation Office in the UK. Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/461071/Legalising_a_signature_or_seal_final_Sept_15.pdf

Once you have that done you need to have it translated to Thai and the translation certified by the consular affairs department within the government complex at Chaeng Wattana . The easy way is to have the translation service to get the certification done.

Then you can go to the Amphoe to register your marriage and obtain a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

4 hours ago, Sibbo said:

Thank you very much. But we were married in Thailand. Does this mean I have to go back to the UK to register the marriage?

You sentence made me think you got married in the UK. " I need some help on how to register my marriage to my Thai gf in England"

You cannot register you marriage in the UK. Your Thai marriage here is recognized by the UK.

Having your marriage certificate translated to English and the translation certified by consular affairs department would be all that would be needed if required for something in the UK or to get her a visa to the UK.