Arrest over South Korean’s Murder

geovalin

Cambodian man was arrested on Sunday over the shooting death of his South Korean business partner in Kandal province’s Kandal Stueng district last week, a National Military Police official confirmed yesterday. Officers had been tight-lipped a day after bringing the man in for questioning, citing investigative reasons.

Eng Hy, a National Military Police spokesman, told Khmer Times yesterday that after an investigation, military police spotted the suspect near Central Market and brought him in for questioning and he confessed to the crime. “Actually, we did not arrest him. We only invited him to headquarters for questioning and he confessed to killing a South Korean man,” he said.

Identifying the victim and suspect as business partners, Mr. Hy said the suspect, a mobile phone seller and currency exchange agent, owed the victim money and was unable to repay the debt so he decided to kill him. The suspect was identified as Phom Ratha, 36, and the victim was identified by his passport as Jo Chunseong, a 58-year-old South Korean.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/28571/arrest-over-south-korean---s-murder/

"the suspect owed the victim money and was unable to repay the debt so he decided to kill him."

When in southeast Asia I have a rule to never lend money to people, most of whom are desperately poor and struggle just to make a living.  If I care about them, and am convinced of the veracity of their plight/predicament, I will just give them the money.  

I believe in charitable giving anyway so this is my chance to make a direct, person to person contribution. No thieving middleman involved. The result? Instead of making a potentially dangerous enemy, I make a new friend. It works out.