Merkel dismisses link between Islamic extremism, refugees

webfact

Merkel dismisses link between Islamic extremism, refugees

BERLIN (AP) — Chancellor Angela Merkel has dismissed suggestions that the influx of refugees over the past year has brought Islamic extremism to Germany.

German news agency dpa quotes Merkel as saying that "Islamist terrorism by IS isn't a phenomenon that came to us with the refugees, it's one that we had before too."

Merkel was speaking late Wednesday at a political rally in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, where her Christian Democrats face strong competition from the nationalist Alternative for Germany party in state elections on Sept. 4.

The country has been shaken by a string of attacks, two of which were the first in Germany claimed by the Islamic State group. In those, only the attackers — both asylum-seekers — were killed. In an unrelated attack, a German teenager killed nine people in Munich.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-08-18

Merkel is quoted as saying "Islamist terrorism by IS isn't a phenomenon that came to us with the refugees, it's one that we had before too."

The OP headline is a fabrication.

rest of the world needs to learn from this and not be lied to. there is talk of nz raising the number of refugees and there has been a public back lash. west needs to stop handing out citizenships to those who are unwilling to fit in. using these refugees to prop up flagging birth rates is very a very short sighted idea.

"Islamist terrorism by IS isn't a phenomenon that came to us with the refugees, it's one that we had before too."

Stating the bleedin obvious.

... And yet you still open the floodgates knowing full well it is an easy IN for terrorists to slip in undetected! This makes it even worse. I hope the families of those killed in Germany sue the irresponsible old boot!

So if it was a problem before, bringing in more would solve the problem. Reminds me of the Forrest Gump Quote.

They should only allow Women and  children in. The men should stand and fight for their country.

Put them in internment camps  and send back after the fighting in their country.

The Free World Countries do not owe the rest a permanent living !!

1 hour ago, gchurch259 said:

So if it was a problem before, bringing in more would solve the problem. Reminds me of the Forrest Gump Quote.

They should only allow Women and  children in. The men should stand and fight for their country.

Put them in internment camps  and send back after the fighting in their country.

The Free World Countries do not owe the rest a permanent living !!

Can't remember Forrest Gump anywhere in the movie saying that men should be put in concentration camps because they dont want to fight in a war! Maybe you watched a Russian dubbed version of the movie? Or are you mistaking it with your copy of "triumph of the will" maybe?

Free world countries dont owe "the rest" a permanent living, but free world countries cant reject refugees fleeing from a worn torn country, whether woman, child or man.  

46 minutes ago, RockyBeerbelly said:

To all the people posting above, what (all of) you are saying is that these kids are not welcome in Europe?! Why is that? Because they aren't your kind of ubermensch with blue eyes and blond hair? Or because they believe in another fairy tale than your hatred filled religion?

606x341_341619.jpg

No! The posters above are not saying anything of the sort. These unfortunate children are the victims of a particular incident in a long drawn-out war. The are neither, so far at least, refugees or asylum seekers.

Your comment about blue eyes and blond hair is outdated, irrelevant drivel; the Nazi era ended 70 years ago. As the Thai people universally have black hair and dark eyes it seems unlikely that anyone with the fetish you describe would bother reading or posting to  Thai Visa.

Finally, how do you know what the childrens' religion is? Their family may be Christians. For all their failings the Christian churches have played a key role both in providing relief on the ground, organising relief for refugees and taking a moral stance against the wars in the Middle East; and you describe them as hate filled.

Your post is illogical and idiotic in every respect. The wooden spoon is in the post.

5 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

No! The posters above are not saying anything of the sort. These unfortunate children are the victims of a particular incident in a long drawn-out war. The are neither, so far at least, refugees or asylum seekers.

The refugees who went to Europa are also unfortunate victims of a long drawn-out war. So whats the difference? Do the graphics disturb you? Get real, this is happening every day to men, women and children, and it is our moral duty to help people fleeing from these atrocities! But non of the above posters would consider allowing refugees into Europe. Simply because they are all are terrorists! (talking about idiotic)

And if the posters are not saying anything of the sort, then enlighten me, and tell me what they are saying?

I don't know what these children's' religion is, and honestly I really don't care. I bet you though that  99% of the anti refugee people here are 100% anti Muslim. Yes I say that Christianity is a hate-filled religion (as is Judaism and Islam for that matter), and a single good deed doesn't change that.

Finally, you are either ignorant (deliberate or not) to some of the statements made by people or dont read much of the posts here, but fascism is alive and well on ThaiVisa! For me all the more reason to keep bringing it up, and to never march in line with their ideology.....

2 hours ago, RockyBeerbelly said:

To all the people posting above, what (all of) you are saying is that these kids are not welcome in Europe?! Why is that? Because they aren't your kind of ubermensch with blue eyes and blond hair? Or because they believe in another fairy tale than your hatred filled religion?

606x341_341619.jpg

How about because the mass migration of people, who mostly aren't interested in changing their culture, believes, habits, is likely to bring the problems they have that screwed up their own countries with them. And share them with you.

What do you propose - millions migrating to the West, leaving vast open expanses of poverty in their own countries? A very high % of those who tried to get into Europe weren't genuine refugees but simply economic migrants hoping to become successful illegal immigrants.

How about countries like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc starting to take responsibilities for their own self created shit heaps? And how about their fellow Muslim countries, some of whom are very rich indeed, actually doing something to help or take some real refugees?

Sponging on the West, whilst harboring a hatred of Western culture, religion, and civilization and demanding entitlements as if by right is utter nonsense. And most people in the West know it and have had a belly full of bleeding heart liberal PC correct "bigger picture" clever shit politicians telling them other than the reality. The do-gooders think these people think they are wonderful and are so grateful whereas many are laughing at how easy it is to get what they want and demand more and more.

Why not post pictures of those beheaded, raped, burnt alive etc by the Muslim terrorists to see if you get sympathy and can try and hog the moral high ground.

1 hour ago, RockyBeerbelly said:

The refugees who went to Europa are also unfortunate victims of a long drawn-out war. So whats the difference? Do the graphics disturb you? Get real, this is happening every day to men, women and children, and it is our moral duty to help people fleeing from these atrocities! But non of the above posters would consider allowing refugees into Europe. Simply because they are all are terrorists! (talking about idiotic)

And if the posters are not saying anything of the sort, then enlighten me, and tell me what they are saying?

I don't know what these children's' religion is, and honestly I really don't care. I bet you though that  99% of the anti refugee people here are 100% anti Muslim. Yes I say that Christianity is a hate-filled religion (as is Judaism and Islam for that matter), and a single good deed doesn't change that.

Finally, you are either ignorant (deliberate or not) to some of the statements made by people or dont read much of the posts here, but fascism is alive and well on ThaiVisa! For me all the more reason to keep bringing it up, and to never march in line with their ideology.....

It was a civil war, in their own country, among themselves. Not an excuse to pack up and move to another part of the world and occupy someone else's country and despise those who offer help.

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It was a civil war, in their own country, among themselves. Not an excuse to pack up and move to another part of the world and occupy someone else's country and despise those who offer help.

Thanks for helping me making my point!

What you are saying is that people living in war torn countries have no right to flee from the war,  for instance the Tutsi's should just all have staying Rwanda so that all women could be raped and murdered (maybe then 2 million men women and children could have been killed iso of only 1 million, right?), or that all jews should have stayed in Nazi Germany so that it would have been even easier for the nazis to send all Jews to the gas chambers. After all, these atrocities were no excuse for people to pack-up and move to another country, right?

I wonder which country you mean is occupied by refugees. Only 1.5% of the German population is refugee. And Germany has by far the biggest number of refugees. So can you explain how this "occupying a country"?

Even the IS confirmed that they will send more terrorists into Europe.
There are many sources about their strategy.
http://news.sky.com/story/islamic-state-sending-more-fighters-to-europe-10249434
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-floods-more-fighters-europe-7788875

The unregulated chaos with that many, economy and war refugees coming to Europe, making it for the Islamic terrorists easy to nestle in europe permanent.
They will disguise themselves first with a normal life.
Later as determined more terrorist attacks will follow in the near future.

Merkel is apparently unable to recognize her own mistakes and the reality.
She has causing great harm to Germany and Europe.
I hope she is gone soon.

Edited by tomacht8

Let the other Arab countries take them in. Only Lebanon, I think, has stepped up to the plate.  What about rich Saudi Arabia with its perfect Islam and plenty of space. Not to mention the UAE, Oman, Qatar, Yemen, Bahrain, Turkey (which is becoming more a theocracy every day and really doesn't belong in NATO.) The Arabs are responsible for their own behavior, get the governments they deserve, and have no right to flood Europe and then bite the hand that feeds them. Some people ultimately blame the U.S. for stirring up a hornet's nest under Bush, and it's true, but the West can't help it if the Arabs are a bunch of hornets and is not responsible for their miserable failure in the Arab Spring and the way they behave, mostly killing each other because of clan and sectarian clashes. Many westerners cannot imagine how much the Sunnis hate the Shia, for example.