Fire resistant lining for oven cabinet

Manassas

Have beautiful new hard wood kitchen cabinets including a unit for a wall oven and microwave etc. The oven's manufacturer (Mex) says be sure it is installed in a cabinet with a fire resistant liner. That seems like a no-brainer. But I've been to all the home stores and asked for recommendations on what is the preferred fire resistant material to line an oven cabinet and am met with blank stares.  At this point I am considering ceramic floor tile.

Any DIYers out there have experience with this? Surely I am not the first one to install an oven!  :w00t:

Shera board will do the trick and is low cost :)

But to be honest, your hardwood will be sufficiently fire resistant for all normal situations, ovens in the west go straight in chipboard carcases with just the ordinary laminate finish.

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

Shera board will do the trick and is low cost :)

But to be honest, your hardwood will be sufficiently fire resistant for all normal situations, ovens in the west go straight in chipboard carcases with just the ordinary laminate finish.

Thanks for this. The owners manual does say heat is vented to the front. But I'm sure the sides can still radiate heat, and if not fire could cause damage over time. Just for peace of mind I want to line the cabinet with something.