Google Thai/hk

monsieurhappy

Using TT&T ADSL I get frequent disconnections. Usually I'm reconnected after a few seconds but when I go to the Mozilla browser which has Google as default, this has changed from Google Thai to Google Hong Kong. The Hong Kong version is in Chineese and if I try to make a search I find the search pages different to that of a search on the Thai format. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone? :o:D

post-13984-1164193912_thumb.jpg

post-13984-1164193986_thumb.jpg

And with Guardian's tip, it will get stored in a cookie and you'll never see the Thai or Hongkong version anymore, even when going to the firefox version of google (standard homepage on firefox)!

A bit strange though how you ended up at the Hong Kong version since Google uses your IP address to decide which version to serve you...

I'm curious about this too. I'm currently using a connection via Dubai yet Google gives me the Thai site to search from. It doesn't worry me as I click on the english button when the Google search page opens.

I wonder if it has something to do with the Thai version of XP and Office I have installed rather than the IP address.

A long time ago my "Google homepage" was always going to google.com, or the international/English page.

When I tried to use some ssl services it never worked.

I thought it was strange as my friend was always redirected to the google.co.th site, even if typing google.com in his browser.

It turned out to be a virus, having a hidden hosts file on my system.

After cleaning it out, everything went back to normal, and ssl started working to.