90 day worth the bother?

Leaving country on Sep 7, report due on Sept 6, can you get away with not bothering? It's reset when coming back so no need for the new report slip and it does not seem to be computerized, does it? , so they would never know as immigration do not check for it.

Thai3,  It's comments such as yours, on the TVF, that inspires the authorities to recognize, and then "plug" the loop-holes within their system. Loose lips, sinks ships! Thanks a lot, duh:whistling:

You are well-advised to re-check that info, re: Thai Immigration System not being "computerized".:coffee1:

Edited by NativeSon360

24 minutes ago, NativeSon360 said:

Thai3,  It's comments such as yours, on the TVF, that inspires the authorities to recognize, and then "plug" the loop-holes within their system. Loose lips, sinks ships! Thanks a lot, duh:whistling:

You are well-advised to re-check that info, re: Thai Immigration System not being "computerized".:coffee1:

Ninety reporting records are only maintained at the local office where reports are done. They are not kept in the main immigration system.

The only risk of not doing your report before you leave is when you do your first report after returning from your trip if they were check and discovered you did not report before leaving you could be fined 2000 baht for not reporting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration on departure from the country do not care about 90 day reports.

Take the slip out before leaving like many others do and they will have nothing to see.

The slip says, "keep in passport".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • You can report with 15 days of the report due date, but if you don't report you shouldn't have any problems.
  • Even if they see you didn't report at the next report they cant fine you as you only stayed 91 days. Fines only apply if staying continuously longer than 97+ days.

Incorrect, as the OP is leaving on day 91, they should have reported PRIOR to leaving, the 15 days before and 7 days after is if you are in country.

1 minute ago, muzmurray said:

Incorrect, as the OP is leaving on day 91, they should have reported PRIOR to leaving, the 15 days before and 7 days after is if you are in country.

Nothing written is incorrect. I know he should report, but he is asking about the consequences of not reporting!

12 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Nothing written is incorrect. I know he should report, but he is asking about the consequences of not reporting!

The consequence of not reporting and leaving the country is the possibility of a 2k Baht fine, as I said, (and you seem unaware of), the period of grace is if you are in country, if you leave the country after your due date, by 1 , 2 or 200 days, you run the risk of being fined when you next make your 90 day report. If you are happy giving incorrect advice that might possibly mean a fine for the OP and others who read it, carry on.

Personally, I think you should check your facts first.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • Immigration have a rule/policy of not fining anyone that reports within 7 days of the report due date.
  • If the OP leaves on day 91 they were only in the country continuously for 91 days, therefore, that stay will never exceed the 7 days grace period.

I am fully aware of the facts. Maybe you could provide evidence of someone that left within 97 days and was fined at the next report. 

Read the first highlighted text, grab a dictionary and try to grasp this - the OP will not be making a report within 7 days, as they will be out of the country ! Therefore they will be liable for a fine on their next report.

I do not need to provide evidence, those are the rules.

You seem to totally misunderstand the grace period - it is just for people who are IN THE COUNTRY !

The second highlighted text shows that they were in country for over 90 days and did NOT report, forget the 7 days after, it does not apply to people who leave the country. The offence has already been committed by being in the country for over 90 days and not reporting,

Hopefully UbonJoe will come and clarify this with you, as you seem incapable of understanding my English.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, muzmurray said:

Read the first highlighted text, grab a dictionary and try to grasp this - the OP will not be making a report within 7 days, as they will be out of the country ! Therefore they will be liable for a fine on their next report.

I do not need to provide evidence, those are the rules.

You seem to totally misunderstand the grace period - it is just for people who are IN THE COUNTRY !

The second highlighted text shows that they were in country for over 90 days and did NOT report, forget the 7 days after, it does not apply to people who leave the country. The offence has already been committed by being in the country for over 90 days and not reporting,

Hopefully UbonJoe will come and clarify this with you, as you seem incapable of understanding my English.

• I understand that the OP is not making a report.
  • I understand that they will be leaving with an outstanding report.
  • I understand the grace period, which gives anyone a extra 6 days to report without getting fined.
  • You do need to supply evidence, regardless of ubonjoe's opinion.

This question comes up weekly and I have never heard of anyone being retrospectively fined that left, with an outstanding report, within 97 days of the report date. If they had I am positive we would have heard about it. I have seen many reports like @figglehead from people that have confirmed immigration rules/policy. My advice is also based on confirmation by a senior immigration officer at CW, and my local office.

If someone left on 97 day + they could be retrospectively fined because they would have stayed over 96 days and would not be  protected by the fine free window.

The extra 6 days effectively allows people to stay for up to 96 days without reporting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nausea said:

It means nothing, apart from a 2000 baht fine. It's part of their income generation machine. 

2K is the standard fine. They can charge 4K if arrested, and can fine up to 5K baht plus 200 per day. No one, from immigration, can tell me how the 200 per day is applied as I don't think it's ever enforced.

Immigration Act.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with. 

Edited by elviajero

OK, just my experience - sick in hospital, on a drip, go to immigration, all the paperwork to hsnd - 2000 baht fine.  This made me so pissed off. You want to drive people out of the country, this is the way to do it. Like I'm not staying here fot myself. I'm stsying here for all the people and soi dogs I support. And I guess there's a lot of other guys like me.

10 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • I understand that the OP is not making a report.
  • I understand that they will be leaving with an outstanding report.
  • I understand the grace period, which gives anyone a extra 6 days to report without getting fined.
  • You do need to supply evidence, regardless of ubonjoe's opinion.

This question comes up weekly and I have never heard of anyone being retrospectively fined that left, with an outstanding report, within 97 days of the report date. If they had I am positive we would have heard about it. I have seen many reports like @figglehead from people that have confirmed immigration rules/policy. My advice is also based on confirmation by a senior immigration officer at CW, and my local office.

If someone left on 97 day + they could be retrospectively fined because they would have stayed over 96 days and would not be  protected by the fine free window.

The extra 6 days effectively allows people to stay for up to 96 days without reporting.

The grace period is ONLY if you make the report!!! Jeez, how many times do you have to be told the rules?

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

This applies to the OP as he will be on day 91 and have not reported, and unless he comes back into the country and reports before the end of the 97th day, he will be liable for a 2k Baht fine, (note I am not saying that he will be fined, just that he will be liable to be).

I almost hope the OP follows your advice and subsequently gets fined, just to prove to you that the advice you have given here is wrong.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, elviajero said:

Only so it isn't easily lost. Airport immigration will not be looking for the slip or checking up on outstanding reports.

I disagree, it doesn't say keep this paper safe it specifically says to keep it in your passport. I think if you were to do a drains up on the Immi. procedures you'd find they are supposed to check the form at the point of departure but don't, that doesn't mean to say they all don't and it doesn't mean to say they all will in the future.

20 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I disagree, it doesn't say keep this paper safe it specifically says to keep it in your passport. I think if you were to do a drains up on the Immi. procedures you'd find they are supposed to check the form at the point of departure but don't, that doesn't mean to say they all don't and it doesn't mean to say they all will in the future.

The printed stamp on the slip just says "keep in passport". In fact the stamp for my last report does not say that and I don't have it in my passport now since I have already sent it to immigration by mail to do my report.

90 day report stamp.jpg

It is not within departure immigration's area of responsibility to enforce 90 day reporting. You can take your slip out of your passport and they will say nothing.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The printed stamp on the slip just says "keep in passport". In fact the stamp for my last report does not say that and I don't have it in my passport now since I have already sent it to immigration by mail to do my report.

90 day report stamp.jpg

It is not within departure immigration's area of responsibility to enforce 90 day reporting. You can take your slip out of your passport and they will say nothing.

Then we must use different Immi.'s because the tear off Receipt of Notification says, in large printed letters which are part of the form, Keep in Passport, right next to the words, Fine for Overdue Notification 5,000 baht.