Good store for cotton linens.

Sauc

Hello,

I'm looking for a store that supplies good quality sheets and towels in cotton or other natural fiber.  Currently living with the polyester supplied by the landlord :bah:  Also looking for a memory foam mattress topper, Thai Bed are hard.  

Thanks

Edited by Sauc

Next to Samui Immigration, in the court yard as you walk in on your right ,linen supply shop.  Cotton products & towels of all different sizes. They supply a lot of hotels..

Both Tesco and BigC also stock cotton bed linen. If you want sheets only, then Makro (Bo Phut, don't know about Lamai) – which here on Samui focus on hotel supplies – has white sheets etc. as you find it in many hotels.

Maybe you can also help me with something else I'm looking for while setting up my new home here?  I'm looking for a good quality wok,  old fashioned steel, that develops a  wonderful patina after many years of use.  I had to leave my old one behind :(  The woks at Tesco and Macro wobble and have no weight to them.  I also can't find a bamboo steamer anywhere, or a pyrex measuring jug, or a set of measuring spoons.  Is there a kitchen store or a Thai store that would have these items?

Thanks again for your help.

It might be an idea to give us your rough location/ area... (for future needs!);)

For some of these items, try looking in some of the "10 / 20 baht shops"  there a number of them around, and they vary as to what they have... Sometimes better quality than Tesco etc... I can think of three of these shops in the Maenam area.  I suspect you'll find Rice steamers there...

Pryrex jugs, pretty sure seen at Big C, or Makro?, but also you might find in these 10 baht shops... it just takes a little time poking around....them all! Some are a little cluttered!

There are several Kitchen shops, around too, two in Nathon, come to mind, One just as you are driving into Nathon, from Maenam, on the left, just after the 7 11 which is one the right....  and as you head out of Nathon, towards Hau Thanon, just after the Honda dealer, perhaps a 100 meters, a fairly well stacked kitchen shop.

All this driving around will help you get to know the island! :thumbsup:

Just a joke here!.... For bamboo sticky rice cookers, you could head up to Isaan, very common there! all sizes! 

-gREH3_iQIl9YlxOIjLItMUx9uMI0m6CW9hRgtuJ

I'm on Moo 4 Bophut, but I think it's more like Bangrak.  Big C is fairly close, about 10mins.  But I don't mind driving around.  It's a great island with so much to see, not just the beaches ;).  But it's a little hard to keep one eye out for a shop and the other on the traffic:P

Love the pic:clap2:.  Can't wait to explore some other, and perhaps less travelled, parts of Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...