PHOIPET BOARDER VISA TRIP

Hi Everyone,

I arrived in Thailand end of May with one year retirement visa, i went to korat immigration last week for 1st 90 day report, they said the 800,00 baht had not been in the bank long enough and that i would have to go out of the country and return to extend visa.

The question i have is , will the thai immigration give me another 90 days on return ?

Cheers 

Do you have a non-oa visa or a multiple entry non-o visa?

Looking at your content it appears you may have multiple entry non-o visa which allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You could do a border hop for a new 90 day entry if that is what you have.

If married to a Thai you could also a apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension.

The Chong Chom crossing in Surin is closer to Korat than Poi Pet.  

Look at your visa. If the "enter before" date is later than today, and the 'number of entries' is 'M' (for multiple) you can do a border hop for another 90-day entry. As Joe says, you apparently have a one-year multiple entry Non O (not Non OA) visa and were asking for an extension of stay (not doing a 90-day report).

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a non-oa visa or a multiple entry non-o visa?

Looking at your content it appears you may have multiple entry non-o visa which allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You could do a border hop for a new 90 day entry if that is what you have.

If married to a Thai you could also a apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension.

The Chong Chom crossing in Surin is closer to Korat than Poi Pet.  

Hi Joe,

Its an non imm  O   M visa

56 minutes ago, STARGASA said:

Hi Joe,

Its an non imm  O   M visa

You can leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry and then apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

2 minutes ago, dereko169 said:

what's the current rules for obtaining a category O marriage visa?

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa a most nearby embassies and consulates or a multiple entry non- o visa at the consulate in Savannakhet. Show marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Or are you asking about applying for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. For it you need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Coming to Thailand next month from UK on a tourist visa  staying for about 4 months & planning to get married during my stay.

After coming back to the UK I am planning a permanent move to Thailand. If I have 400k in my Thai bank account for 2 months, can I get a marriage visa from the UK & how long does it last?

8 minutes ago, dereko169 said:

Coming to Thailand next month from UK on a tourist visa  staying for about 4 months & planning to get married during my stay.

After coming back to the UK I am planning a permanent move to Thailand. If I have 400k in my Thai bank account for 2 months, can I get a marriage visa from the UK & how long does it last?

You can get a single entry non-o visa that allows one 90 day entry or a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue in the UK. You would not need any financial proof to get either one.

You could get a single entry non-o visa and then extend the 90 entry from it for one year at an immigration office. That is when you will need to show the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months.

On 8/20/2016 at 5:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry and then apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

Thanks for that Joe,

My wife was told today that i would have to stay at least 2 days in Cambodia in order to obtain my re-entry 90 stamp, this can`t be true, can it ?  Years ago i just went and came out again .

Rob

4 minutes ago, STARGASA said:

Thanks for that Joe,

My wife was told today that i would have to stay at least 2 days in Cambodia in order to obtain my re-entry 90 stamp, this can`t be true, can it ?  Years ago i just went and came out again .

Rob

You cross the border, enter Cambodia then turnaround and come right back. There is no requirement to stay any longer than that.