Custom Woodwork in Ubon

ubonrthai

Does anyone know of a place in Ubon that can make basic wooden shelves? I'm looking for something of similar size to the picture. I've driven around the ring road and looked at shops around Big C and they are all pre-made somewhere else. I can't find anyone who can take my measurements and just build something. Thanks!

Photo Aug 17, 3 26 15 PM.jpg

I'm sure most carpentry shops would be able to do what you want, but it would cost you considerably more than the pre-made ones. When you do a run of several hundred / thousand items, the economy of scale means you can offer your goods at a very competitive price. One off, bespoke items are much more expensive. Think in terms of an off-the-peg suit vs Savile Row.

I speak from experience, being a carpenter myself. People are often shocked at prices I quote because "I saw one similar in Ikea for a quarter of that price". They forget that Ikea buy materials by the multi-truckload and pay a fraction of what I do, and then churn out thousands at a time.

Anyway, I digress. As I say, just look for a carpentry shop in Ubon. But be prepared to pay a premium.

I asked around and one of the carpenters that builds the wooden houses on the road behind the airport where it meets the ring road can do do custom work. It's 4x the cost of the one in the picture but it will be the precise size I need and probably better quality.

Edited by ubonrthai

I would be happy to make the shelves for you but delivery may be an issue since I am located near Sribunreaung  in Nongbualamphu province.  I make custom one off furniture for home use and take pride in my work.  

You can see some of my older projects at http://lumberjocks.com/diggrduggr/projects/page/1.

Let me know if you are interested.

I found a place that does some very basic table stuff. From the ring road there is a road that heads straight west right before you get to the bus station called "Mae Chi." Over a km down you can find them building them under an open roof on the left.