Completing Form FLR(M)

Hi All,

Can anyone help us with filling in the FLR(M) visa form. Basically any snippets of knowlege of answers and documents supplied would be great. We recently married in the UK on 8th August 2016. We actually started filling in the form before we were married and have submitted her name in relavent sections as her maiden name  her passport is still in her maiden name. Should we change them both to her  married name before finally submitting?

I have been told that we can not submit the form until 28 days before her marriage visa expires anyone know if this is correct?

In supporting documents I have already printed off online bank statements and had them stamped and signed the last statement being dated July 2016. My wifes visa expires on 28th October, would the statements still be accepted?

I think we have all other supporting documents in place but would be thankful for any advice that could be offered.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

jb1

Hi again,

W thought that we would change the name on my wifes passport, So went on the Thai embassy London website to see what was required. It now seems that as my wife has changed her surname to mine she has to go back to Thailand to obtain a certificate of name change from her home town where the home registration book is?

jb1

Good luck, doing the wife's FLR beginning of next month.

Don't forget you need to pay the 500 GBP NHS surcharge before you apply

Regarding statements should be OK, are you using lump sum or your income to meet financial requirement? or a combination.

If they are stamped I believe that they should be ok for submission.

Hi, I am in the process of completing an FLR (M) application myself and have had  to decipher the guidance notes along with help from this forum. Payslips and bank statements need to cover a period of 6 months prior to the date of application and the most recent ones have to be within 28 days of the date of submission. Hence if you submit the application on September 1st and your most recent bank statement is dated before August 4th that won't meet their criteria...........as far as I understand their indecipherable immigration rules and appendices. I also came across a part about when the application can be made which I expanded on into intelligible language which the guidance notes are NOT.

When the FLR Application can be submitted

The application can be sent no earlier than 28 days before the applicant has been in the UK 30 months.

IE: If the applicant came to the UK on April 1st 2014, their 30 months will be completed on September 30th 2016, which would mean you cannot apply before September 2nd. The exact date you may wish to apply is obviously connected to the expiry date of the applicants current Visa.

You might find this thread of mine helpful: 

Edited by Rob180