Is Savhannaket the only place left to get a "Marriage" visa with no money proof?

Hello :)

I'm marrying my Thai girlfriend on November...

So I'm thinking about switching from Tourist visa into a more appropriate for long stay "Marriage" visa.

But, I'm 23 years old, I don't have 400,000 baths. And I don't see how I could get an income proof from my embassy because I'm doing freelancing jobs. Without any company... etc...

Is Savhannaket the only place left where you are not asked about money proof? (that would mean that if they change their policies, I would have no solution...)

Which would allow me to stay 3 months between each border run? Or maybe 3 months + 2 months extension based on marriage? (not sure?).

Thank you for your clarifications. :wai:

Alex

Edited by alexlm

I have seen no confirmed reports of any nearby embassy or consulate other than Savannakhet doing a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof.

There are other locations in the world that do them without financial proof.

Whether you could get proof of income from your embassy would depend upon their policies and requirements. Some do them with no proof of where the funds came from or no proof of any kind.

• Like 2

Which would allow me to stay 3 months between each border run? Or maybe 3 months + 2 months extension based on marriage? (not sure?).

• You get permission to stay for 90 days every time you enter.
  • As you would be married you can apply for one 60 day extension of stay for any 90 day entry. 1,900 baht from your local immigration office.

You  can apply for non-o visa for 1 year, multiple entry. Cost 5000thb. Than after every 90 days you take a quick travel accross the border. I do this in Nakhon Phanom. Cross over to Lao and return in 20 minutes. Cost me 1500thb every 90 day. (The 1500thb is for the Lao visa)

Edited by Bendi

Surprisingly the required amount actually varies in different countries and cities. I recently got my latest Non-Im 'O' in Houston. The requirement was for $700. Go figure.

In the meantime, we have Savannakhet. I wouldn't worry about the money requirement until there is a problem. 

4 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Surprisingly the required amount actually varies in different countries and cities. I recently got my latest Non-Im 'O' in Houston. The requirement was for $700. Go figure.

In the meantime, we have Savannakhet. I wouldn't worry about the money requirement until there is a problem. 

That is the equivalent of 20k baht which is the financial proof needed for all visas according to rules. Not always enforced but it is the requirement.

• Like 1