Pattaya Cooking School

redrio

hi there,

I notice that there is only one school in pattaya for thai cooking..

seems a bit steep at 1600 baht for two hours compared to chiang mai,s school of famous thai cook somphon.

Does any one know of any other classed conducted in pattaya, just for simple street foods..

or has anyone been to the one in chiang mai and is it worth it hands on wise.

red

hi there,

seems a bit steep at 1600 baht for two hours compared to chiang mai,s school of famous thai cook somphon.

Does any one know of any other classed conducted in pattaya, just for simple street foods..

red

You are correct, 1,600 for two hours is very steep. There is a "school" in Chiang Mai although I cannot recall the name (I will try to find out and let you know) albeit I know where it is located. It is owned by a TV personality who is a famous chef. They offer course that last one week each, M-F, three hours each morning. They cover European and Thai food and you simply sign up for whichever one you want. I have visited the school and it is nothing more than a four story shop house with a large kitchen on the third floor although the staff are University + trained and seem to know what they are doing. There is another place in Chonburi that I think is run by westerners - it's a residential course and is very expensive but you may wish to check out Thai cooking courses Chonburi on the web.

• 11 months later...
hi there,

red

Been to Somphon's school in Chiang Mai. We did three days which we found was enough as it's v. intensive. Worth every penny..... can't remember the price.

Had to take along my own beer to keep cool while cooking though.....

Andy Cap

• 2 years later...
hi there,

red

You are correct, 1,600 for two hours is very steep. There is a "school" in Chiang Mai although I cannot recall the name (I will try to find out and let you know) albeit I know where it is located. It is owned by a TV personality who is a famous chef. They offer course that last one week each, M-F, three hours each morning. They cover European and Thai food and you simply sign up for whichever one you want. I have visited the school and it is nothing more than a four story shop house with a large kitchen on the third floor although the staff are University + trained and seem to know what they are doing. There is another place in Chonburi that I think is run by westerners - it's a residential course and is very expensive but you may wish to check out Thai cooking courses Chonburi on the web.

Check out the cooking school directory provided by Cooking Schools Intl. as it is thought to be the most complete list of Thailand cooking schools. This article on how to select a Thai cooking school from the many Thailand Cooking Schools may also be of interest to you. If you are in Bangkok, save yourself alot of time and money and book with Ma-Sa-Man's Thai Cooking School BKK.

• 7 years later...

I do not trust on Tripadvisor.
I had lessons with Happy Chef Cooking School. Yes owner and wife are friendly but lessons are veeery fast with food cutted and ready to cook, so you nearly do not recognize the vegetables.
Basic plates