Non-O Marriage to Retirement

I have recently gotten a new 1 year NON-O visa based on marriage but I want to convert to a retirement extension. How soon can I apply for the retirement extension? 

I also want to divorce ASAP. What is the best way to take care of this?

• If your current permission to stay is from a non 'O' visa entry you can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement within the last 30 (maybe 45) days of the current 90 day stay.
  • If you have an extension of stay based on marriage it becomes void the day the divorce is finalised, and at that time you can apply for a new extension based on retirement.
Edited by elviajero

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • If your current permission to stay is from a non 'O' visa entry you can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement within the last 30 (maybe 45) days of the current 90 day stay.
  • If you have an extension of stay based on marriage it becomes void the day the divorce is finalised, and at that time you can apply for a new extension based on retirement.

Kind of makes for a quick movement doesn't it. Is there no leeway? Say a week or so either way?

10 minutes ago, Gonsalviz said:

Kind of makes for a quick movement doesn't it. Is there no leeway? Say a week or so either way?

Do you have a 1 year multiple entry visa or did you recently get a 1 year extension of stay at your local immigration office?

2 minutes ago, Gonsalviz said:

Multiple entry.

• Then you can keep using the visa after you're divorced, and can enter as often as you want until the 'enter before' date printed on the visa.
  • You can apply for an extension of stay base on retirement during the current or any future 90 day entry.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:
  • Then you can keep using the visa after you're divorced, and can enter as often as you want until the 'enter before' date printed on the visa.
  • You can apply for an extension of stay base on retirement during the current or any future 90 day entry.

Thank you for the reply. It is what I thought but wanted to have confirmation.