first 1000 km check up toyota

krung

Depends on your nearest dealer most on the day are first come first served.

How long again depends on where you are in the queue once started usually 30 mins to an hour it's only oil and filter change and general check over.

You can call Toyota and get home servicing in some areas.

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Rubbish...

Fully agree with you MYKTHEMIN, that's exactly the same as my Hyundai SUV and my wife's BMW X 5. Thinks have certainly changed, perhaps transam is driving a model T Ford or needs to be coached into the modern world ( pun intended)

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Bores and rings have changed....Nooooo bedding in, that's why the 'no need' run in thing...

BUT, if you had seen stuff l had seen you would change your new ride oil at 1000km....Every performance part l bought was stripped down to remove CRAP........

Folk can take notice of me or follow the handbook....Up to you..:)

That's a good statement. If the owner follows the handbook like a bible they cannot have any warranty issues. 

13 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Fully agree with you MYKTHEMIN, that's exactly the same as my Hyundai SUV and my wife's BMW X 5. Thinks have certainly changed, perhaps transam is driving a model T Ford or needs to be coached into the modern world ( pun intended)

Don't bother trans these new car owners have read the manual they cannot comprehend what it is to be an engine lover, as l mostly notice there just DipSticks. :lol: :lol:

Hi, do you need to make an appointment for the 1000km check with them? and also any ideas how long it will take. Thanks in advance for any answers

We always make an appointment when we have our Toyota checked. We just call them the day before. To me it makes sense. For example, you book it in for 10am, arrive at 9.45am and are out by 11.30am at the latest......unless you take them up on their offer of a free car wash, then it will be more likely 4pm, and even I can't make the free coffee last that long,

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On August 25, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Gary A said:

Last year I bought a new Isuzu. I asked about the 1,000 kilometer checkup and they said it is not needed. Regular service only.

Just make sure you are running conventional oil and not synthetic for those first 8K-12K miles.

There has been much discussion on this topic on a popular US site called, "BobIsTheoilGuy" or BITOG. 

The one thing all can agree upon is that it does no harm to your engine to change the oil after a short break-in period...but there are still some really old guys like Transam who don't change habits easy and they probably think sometimes the Owners Manual is more about convincing the new owner that hisar is "maintenance free" than about the best practices for his engine. I heard a rumor some Manuals even say not to worry about changing a spark plug for 100K miles.

I have a diesel so I don't know about that  ;-)

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I have no interest in what they say, it is my NEW ride and I want it to be 'sound' many years after the warranty period for the sake of a few bht for oil and filter..

Since the warranty is their responsibility and they say the 1,000 kilometer check up is no longer necessary, I'm happy to take my chances. Six months went by before service was due and the dealer called to remind us service was due every six months even if the kilometers are low.

I,ve just bought a new Nissan Almera and I expected an engine oil/filter change for my first service at 1,000 kms not so... first service is at 10,000 kms OR 6 months whichever soonest and repeated every 10,000 kms etc.

If for whatever reason you decide not to follow the recommended service schedule it will invalidate your cars warranty,personally if I was back in the UK I would give it an oil change and flush out myself making sure I used the same brand/type of filter so no one was the wiser,but I,m here so will follow the manufacturers service schedule  :thumbsup:

Edited by petermik

19 hours ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I have no interest in what they say, it is my NEW ride and I want it to be 'sound' many years after the warranty period for the sake of a few bht for oil and filter..

well I did not want to be be a know it all farang at the dealership and followed Toyota's servicing schedule for the D4D 3L Hilux. Quick check at 1000km then services at 6 months or 10K kms. Truck is seven years old now, just sailed past 160K kms and the only time it has let me down was when the aircon failed, resistor packed in, fan selector switch would only work on full blast. Waited a few days for new part. Great truck, no intention of binning it now.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:14 PM, transam said:

Bores and rings have changed....Nooooo bedding in, that's why the 'no need' run in thing...

BUT, if you had seen stuff l had seen you would change your new ride oil at 1000km....Every performance part l bought was stripped down to remove CRAP........

Folk can take notice of me or follow the handbook....Up to you..:)

back in the 1960's.