CDC agrees only House members are entitled to nominate prime minister

webfact

9 minutes ago, halloween said:

To start with, your link goes nowhere relative, unless I'd like to buy a subscription.

An opinion and a quote don't cut it sport. Democracy has been restored many times after coups without bloodshed in the streets. QED it is NOT the only recourse, claiming it is, is inciting violence. You claim you are quoting historical precedence, examination of history proves this BS.

BTW who says coups " make peaceful revolution impossible"? the most obvious attribute of the last coup is that the violence has stopped because those in power are willing to confront it.

The link allows you to read several articles before a subscription is required.

Genuine democracy continues for more than one or two elections.  Thailand has never experienced such a democracy, therefore genuine democracy has never been restored in Thailand.

My point has consistently been that change is necessary to the corrupt autocratic system that continually frustrates democracy.  If that doesn't happen violence is inevitable.  I don't know if you are being intentionally dense or are genuinely incapable of grasping that concept.

Neither the most recent coup or any of the others in Thailand were "peaceful revolutions", they were restorations of autocratic rule that favors the elite.  However if you can't understand anything else I've posted you certainly can't grasp that.

Regarding ending violence, history has shown that iron-fisted autocracy (too bad I'm not allowed to use the correct word) is very good at ending violence, temporarily.  That was the military's excuse when it seized power in Burma.  Do you want Thailand to go down that road?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Genuine democracy continues for more than one or two elections.  Thailand has never experienced such a democracy, therefore genuine democracy has never been restored in Thailand.

My point has consistently been that change is necessary to the corrupt autocratic system that continually frustrates democracy.  If that doesn't happen violence is inevitable.  I don't know if you are being intentionally dense or are genuinely incapable of grasping that concept.

Neither the most recent coup or any of the others in Thailand were "peaceful revolutions", they were restorations of autocratic rule that favors the elite.  However if you can't understand anything else I've posted you certainly can't grasp that.

Regarding ending violence, history has shown that iron-fisted autocracy (too bad I'm not allowed to use the correct word) is very good at ending violence, temporarily.  That was the military's excuse when it seized power in Burma.  Do you want Thailand to go down that road?

Your musteline claim that "real" democracy is not achieved is exactly that - an attempt to weasel out of admission. And you continue with repeated claims that violence is inevitable, because violence is the only solution you know.

You and your ilk keep up the mantra, there will be blood, but where are the masses of people willing to take to the streets? In your imagination?

With Thaksin's propagandists muzzled, and his mercenaries cowed, the general feeling is that things are OK. But all those polls are lies, soon the lid will come off and all the rest of your repeated crap.

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'm sure they don't want to go down that road, because they want to have their cake and eat it. They want to disenfranchise the population, keep power for themselves, AND to have their system considered fair, free and democratic.

Seriously, there's no point arguing with these people. The debate rages endlessly on this forum because everyone thinks the pro-junta faction are westerners, and of course it is incomprehensible for any westerner with a grasp of history to advocate fascism. They are western-educated Thais who have a vested interest in prolonging the conservative system, that's the only sense to be made of it. No point expecting them to agree therefore with western standards of democracy, such as one-man-one-vote. They simply don't believe in it or that every citizen has the right to elect their political representatives at all. They think their opinion and their leadership is naturally superior. That's all there is to it.

It's painful to see all the effort wasted in trying to educate them.

7 minutes ago, halloween said:

Your musteline claim that "real" democracy is not achieved is exactly that - an attempt to weasel out of admission. And you continue with repeated claims that violence is inevitable, because violence is the only solution you know.

You and your ilk keep up the mantra, there will be blood, but where are the masses of people willing to take to the streets? In your imagination?

With Thaksin's propagandists muzzled, and his mercenaries cowed, the general feeling is that things are OK. But all those polls are lies, soon the lid will come off and all the rest of your repeated crap.

" Your musteline claim that "real" democracy is not achieved is exactly that - an attempt to weasel out of admission."

You maintain a cycle of election-coup-election-coup going back to 1932 qualifies as genuine democracy.  That ranks in there with your claim that only a military that treats democracy with contempt can bring about "REAL democracy" in Thailand.  You have thoroughly discredited yourself, I needn't post anything else.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Yep, the non-biased commentator again refuses to acknowledge any possibility of wrong-doing by his "democratic" heroes, or any failings of the former Thai democracy with a but, but, the junta.

As a coup is an inherently illegal act, an amnesty is required, though not to the extent of that enacted. As for asking Yingluk, why would anyone believe anything she has to say after her history of perjury (2010 definition), lies, evasions and simple ignorance?

"Yep, the non-biased commentator again refuses to acknowledge any possibility of wrong-doing by his "democratic" heroes, or any failings of the former Thai democracy with a but, but, the junta."

Please quote me where I have "refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing by my democratic heroes". If you can't, then zip it. I have time and again said what a bunch of corrupt morons that constituted the majority of the elected ministers. If you had paid a minimum of attention you would have known this.

You, OTOH, have apparently nothing but praise for junta # 13, despite their "issues" regarding unusual wealth, persecution of student activists, their mothers, etc, ect. I must admit I find that pretty despicable.

"As a coup is an inherently illegal act, an amnesty is required..."

And as corruption is an inherently illegal act, an amnesty is required, right? Do you honestly think that the coup (planned far in advance of the YL amnesty bid) was done to "fix" Thailand????

Tell me, which of the previous 12 coups (that fixed nothing) made you confident that the army can set things right??? Or are you just blown away by the "PM's" honesty, integrity and competence?

4 hours ago, halloween said:

2011 elections voter turnout 65.99%. PTP constituency vote 44.3% which is very close to 30%. 265/500 seats.

Asked, answered with supporting figures, rather than unsupported claims derived from your own bias.

" 2011 elections voter turnout 65.99% PTP constituency vote 44.3% which is very close to 30% 265/500 seats.".

"Asked,  answered with supporting figures, rather than unsupported claims derived from your own bias." 

Now for the correct figures,,,

2011 elections voter turnout 75.3%  PTP wining 265 seats, and main opposition the Democrats wing 159 seats.  a 106 seat margin.

Care to have another crack mate or will you acknowledge your "figures" are wrong?  As per usual,  I think not ........ 

11 hours ago, halloween said:

Why don't you ask Yingluk why she needed an amnesty if she never committed a crime?

"At no point in time did anyone have amnesty." Because it was denied by the senate. Would that have happened if PTP held a majority there? Over 300 MPs KNEW that their government was committing crimes, or did they just vote to order to avoid losing their payment? 

How could PTP hold a majority in the senate. You still seem to be oblivious to the fact that Yingluck operated under the constitution drafted by the previous junta !

The senate was already 50% appointed.

My remark still stands, and is testament to the fact that there were checks and balances and therefore negates the reason given for the coup. But only people who have their eyes open know this, dreamers like you will never get it.

As said to another poster, you guys are being played for fools, utter fools.

Funny you don't disapprove of the Junta's amnesty, it is an amnesty far more reaching and benefitting far less people. I guess it's just because you happen to like them, hypocrite.

12 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

How could PTP hold a majority in the senate. You still seem to be oblivious to the fact that Yingluck operated under the constitution drafted by the previous junta !

The senate was already 50% appointed.

My remark still stands, and is testament to the fact that there were checks and balances and therefore negates the reason given for the coup. But only people who have their eyes open know this, dreamers like you will never get it.

As said to another poster, you guys are being played for fools, utter fools.

Funny you don't disapprove of the Junta's amnesty, it is an amnesty far more reaching and benefitting far less people. I guess it's just because you happen to like them, hypocrite.

Shazam,  Whollop,  and   ( to quote Sheldon from big bang theory) Buzzinga...      love ya work mate.