Filipino maid ‘raped by boss’ in Saudi Arabia dies in hospital

webfact

Filipino maid ‘raped by boss’ in Saudi Arabia dies in hospital

Maria Bervanakis

News Corp Australia Network

RIYADH: -- A WOMAN from the Philippines working as a maid in Saudi Arabia has died in hospital after a suspected rape. But not before she identified the alleged attacker — her boss.

Irma Edloy’s injuries were so bad she went into a cardiac arrest several times since she was admitted into hospital on August 17. Doctors were able to revive her, until she died on August 18.

Before passing away, the 35-year-old was asked by a nurse who had abused her. She pointed at her employer, ABS CBN News reports.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/filipino-maid-raped-by-boss-in-saudi-arabia-dies-in-hospital/news-story/b570e9499460da91139ea7d50cdccdb4

news_comau_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright News.com.au 2016-08-25

14 minutes ago, keith101 said:

unfortunately even if she survived she would probably have been charged with adultery which is how women are treated in the middle east .

shhhhhh don't say that : they buy weapons, sell oil, they make big skycrappers,  have big money..... those in charge worldwide love them

Well, the Saudis are our staunch allies, defenders of democracy and lovers of freedom, so probably best to just ignore these type of things. Just like turning a blind eye to executions, spreading radical Islam, bombing kids in Yemen, oppressing women and breaking numerous animal rights regarding, sheep, goats and camels.

First rate implacable friends like these don't grow on trees.

Poverty sends these women to the ME to work as maids,...Phils, Indians, Banglas, Thais (although I remember the Govt banning them from working for these barbaric animals).......

And what will happen to her boss?.......well it pretty much goes without saying that he'll have zero issues........

My wife and I will continue my decision when travelling, never to pass through any of these countries or use their airlines....rather pay the little extra....I'll never support them!

Normally the rape victim would be stoned for the crime of having been raped. I do not believe this case can proceed with the woman being dead, I mean how can they punish her boss if they can't punish her? Sharia law is a modern marvel - and becoming very popular with western liberals such as Sally Kohn.

In the latest Wikileaks news posted here the other day, there was an account in that article about some teenage boy being raped in S.A. to the extent that his legs were broken...

Really have to wonder, what goes on there seems little more than animalistic. And using that term is probably giving an undeservedly bad name to animals.

"Three Saudi cables published by the WikiLeaks identified domestic workers who'd been tortured or sexually abused by their employers, giving the women's full names and passport numbers. One cable named a male teenager who was raped by a man while abroad; a second identified another male teenager who was so violently raped his legs were broken; a third outlined the details of a Saudi man detained for "sexual deviation" — a derogatory term for homosexuality. "

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Poverty sends these women to the ME to work as maids,...Phils, Indians, Banglas, Thais (although I remember the Govt banning them from working for these barbaric animals).......

And what will happen to her boss?.......well it pretty much goes without saying that he'll have zero issues........

My wife and I will continue my decision when travelling, never to pass through any of these countries or use their airlines....rather pay the little extra....I'll never support them!

Thats a great idea!!

Maybe someone with better ME knowledge than me could suggest priority order of airlines to avoid?

Tragically, considering this happened in Saudi where they believe servants are slaves to be owned and not hired, the rapist will probably get away with it.

Time and time again there have been reports of foreign maids and housekeepers in these middle eastern countries being abused and brutalised. There will not be justice served for this woman.

18 minutes ago, Scottish Gary said:

I worked in the oil business in Saudi and the locals treated us like shit.  God help any non westerners who end up there.

They are horrible people 

I feel for you Gary, but honestly,  "the locals treated us like shit" is a phrase that can be said by a lot of people in a lot of countries. Now of course that doesn't make this Saudi brute right, I'm just suggesting that by keeping in mind the bigger picture, perhaps we humans as a whole could begin to address this kind of problem ?

6 hours ago, Rancid said:

Well, the Saudis are our staunch allies, defenders of democracy and lovers of freedom, so probably best to just ignore these type of things. Just like turning a blind eye to executions, spreading radical Islam, bombing kids in Yemen, oppressing women and breaking numerous animal rights regarding, sheep, goats and camels.

Well you can't blame the man, it was probably that time of the month for his goat, he wanted sex so he took it! And the problem is what? under the koran you can treat servants (slaves) any way you want.....anyway where are they going to find 4 adult males to cofess as witnesses to the rape?? Never happened!  :(:bah::wai:

8 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Even though I can avail myself of relatives discounts through one top shelf ME airline, I choose to travel via other routes, e.g. Uk through northern europe, USA through HK. Costs me more ( quite a lot more ) but at least I'm not filling the coffers.

8 hours ago, Rancid said:

What's wrong with sheep? Don't tell me you mutton do that.

3 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

Trouble is the social justice warriors are too busy organizing boycotts of Israel.

While Israel and its supporters are busy trying to pin the horrors committed by radical Sunni Muslims on Shiites.  And these horrors are overwhelmingly committed by Sunnis.  Can you believe that there are actually folks in this forum who support the intervention  by Saudi Arabia with U.S. support against Yemeni Shiites? Of course, I would never accuse you of that.

...what manner of human ....or beast....

...not a man.....a sad excuse for a man...

..sadly the nannies and housemaids that go to those countries mistake 'affluence' for 'refinement'....

...anything but...

...and savagery in a posh environment is even more savage actually...

5 hours ago, Yann55 said:

I feel for you Gary, but honestly,  "the locals treated us like shit" is a phrase that can be said by a lot of people in a lot of countries. Now of course that doesn't make this Saudi brute right, I'm just suggesting that by keeping in mind the bigger picture, perhaps we humans as a whole could begin to address this kind of problem ?

I have mates working there NOW and they say the exact same thing pure animals would not catch me dead even doing a layover in any of those scummy countries i will pay extra to avoid them at all costs 

Do a Google Search for the keywords 

"Rape Victim Saudi Arabia Wins Court case" 

And see the real truth HORRIFIC and even worse the west turns a blind eye all because of money and oil DISGUSTING 

They also beheaded more people that ISIS last month 

13 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I agree with your decision 100%, and practice the same for my wife and I.  Under no circumstances will I fly any airline based in the ME, be it Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Sauda, Air Egypt or any of the others.  It is worth the extra time or expense to have nothing to do with any of these, and I most certainly do not want to spend any of the time on the ground in transit in any of these countries.