Interior Decorating

ggwolters

Check out your local area there are sure to be furniture shops,

probably better than the one you mentioned.

There will also be hardware stores that sell paint and other bits you

need to brighten up the home.

It really doesn't take to much effort to do here in LOS,

Get a few pieces of furniture and drape naked BGs all over everything in the house, but do not leave to many empty chang bottles around,it will look tacky,see simple. :o

there are plenty of places that sell 'flat pack' wardrobes, wall units, beds and etc. good and cheap and usually found in suburban market places...nothin' fancy, particle board with 'photo finish' wood grain effect.

For not much more you can have furniture custom made from rattan or solid wood with carvings and etc. Just keep an eye peeled when driving around...usually some items on display out front of the shop. Have the wife find something she likes out of a magazine and many folks can replicate it for you. Quite nice for dining table arrangements and sideboards...most thais eat on the floor grouped around bowls of food and usually don't go in for tables and etc...

stuffed sofas and chairs are a problem as fabrics and other quality not as good with local folks...however you can get rattan or solid wood sofa and chair frames made to your spec and adorn with locally made cushions (cheap) as required...much cheaper and more comfortable than a stuffed upholstered arrangement.

most thais eat on the floor grouped around bowls of food and usually don't go in for tables and etc...

Probably the reason is they don't have them,took me a while in my travels years ago in developing countries to se why the don't sit at tables on chairs for the above reason.

Yeah, I know i'm realy quick like that.

bbbut...what about the thai soap operas where everyone lives in a magnificent castle with lavish furnishings and people still eat on the floor???...I'm confused...

when next at the bus station about ready to dig in to yer bowl of kway teeow look to see how many diners seated at tables have their feet tucked underneath them...

tutsi with a bull whip in a previous life...'up there you scum, sit upright and eat like a white man...(CRRRAAACK)'