Nervous flyer? - not what you want to see outside your aircraft window

webfact

On August 26, 2016 at 3:28 AM, Romeland said:

How could the wheel be almost level with a passenger window ?  I'm sure you can't see the wheels from your seat in a plane ?

Nok Air has eight Canadian built Bombardier Dash 8 aircraft in their fleet, (along with other aircraft).  It's a high wing, twin-engine, medium range, turboprop aircraft.  Quite popular around the world and with a good safety record.   

You can see the landing gear quite easily out the window,  just like in the photo. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/26/2016 at 3:12 PM, F4UCorsair said:

About what I'd expect.   The landing gear was obviously left down, as it should have been, company contact made, and they contacted their engineering department at the destination to see if there was a wheel in stock.  It seems there may not have been, other options may have been explored for a diversion, wheel in stock,  minimal delay, emergency services available, etc., DMK decided, and the aircraft returned.   Fuel burn off may also have been a factor, although I'm not familiar with the type of aircraft, so not sure on that.

Sounds like a fairly routine day at the office to me.

This happens every day? You have me worried about my next flight now.

On 8/26/2016 at 4:10 PM, metisdead said:

A Burmese trolling post has been removed. 

Reading the reason of the removal of the post is just as funny as what I can imagine the original post was. 

"A Burmese trolling post"

Classic. LOL