gaming pc and price

ttravller

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on your expectations e.g. Do you want to simply play all games & not have any fps problems? Or do you want to play games on ultra?

To give you a rough idea though, I paid 40,000 for my PC (including monitor) and it wasn't the best but was probably near the top of the line when I got it (~4 years ago). Often prices don't necessarily change a lot with PCs over time, since the parts simply get better & you essentially pay the same price but for a better machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I have just finished upgrading my PC this afternoon. It is now a reasonably priced high end gaming PC, that will now run GTAV in 4K with everything on full, and is VR ready. Initial (un-tweaked) score on Passmark.com was 5308.8

Just to give you an idea, here is what I got from JIB recently + - 100 Baht

Graphics 10,000 baht  (GTX 1060 (Galax) - best bang for buck)

16 GB Ram,  3,000 Baht (Kingston Hyperx)

240 Gig SD HD 3,000 Baht (Galax)

Motherboard 4,000 Baht. Asus H97-pro. Its a  gaming one with PCI Express 3 and socket 1150. (Nearest one they had in stock to the MSI one that I was going to get)

Stuff I already had

i7 Processor, 12,000 Baht (socket 1150) got last year. You can get a faster one now for around the same price.

Normal HD for storage 1 gig 1800 Baht

Case + power supply 1,000 + 2,000 Baht

Mouse, keyboard, 1,000 Baht

wifi dongle 370 baht

CD Drive 800 Bhat

Monitor (My smart TV)

Software Win 10 Pro. If you have a legit win 7 or 8 license key, then you can download win 10 ISO from MS and use the same key

So in all, about 35,000 + monitor & OS for something that is in the top 10% of set ups, but not stupidly priced.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Amusements said:

I have just finished upgrading my PC this afternoon. It is now a reasonably priced high end gaming PC, that will now run GTAV in 4K with everything on full, and is VR ready. Initial (un-tweaked) score on Passmark.com was 5308.8

Just to give you an idea, here is what I got from JIB recently + - 100 Baht

Graphics 10,000 baht  (GTX 1060 (Galax) - best bang for buck)

16 GB Ram,  3,000 Baht (Kingston Hyperx)

240 Gig SD HD 3,000 Baht (Galax)

Motherboard 4,000 Baht. Asus H97-pro. Its a  gaming one with PCI Express 3 and socket 1150. (Nearest one they had in stock to the MSI one that I was going to get)

Stuff I already had

i7 Processor, 12,000 Baht (socket 1150) got last year. You can get a faster one now for around the same price.

Normal HD for storage 1 gig 1800 Baht

Case + power supply 1,000 + 2,000 Baht

Mouse, keyboard, 1,000 Baht

wifi dongle 370 baht

CD Drive 800 Bhat

Monitor (My smart TV)

Software Win 10 Pro. If you have a legit win 7 or 8 license key, then you can download win 10 ISO from MS and use the same key

So in all, about 35,000 + monitor & OS for something that is in the top 10% of set ups, but not stupidly priced.

Specifically, from a more practical point of view, in order to be able to choose  from a larger collection of games such as GTAV and other similar sized wonderful games for my kids then IMO having only one single SSD of 240 GB is rather not enough these days. In this case I would opt for a 500 GB SSD (today, choose for a Sandisk SSD instead of the presently too expensive but always excellent performing Samsung SSD) and a 1 TB harddisk 7200 rpm on which to install the relative large program files directories of all the games involved. Would keep the processing speed of the CPU just below the value where on todays market additional water coolers are introduced. Windows 10 Pro is excellent (is supposed to be building upon DirectX 12), but remember that still additional DirectX dlls need to be added manually for getting the newest games going on a brand new machine with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. But luckily at Microsoft a package of DirectX installers can be downloaded. My estimation is a little bit above previous estimation of 40000 Baht ( including a UPS, 23 inch LG screen, fancy keyboard and mouse, plus webcam and a good loudspeaker system ), so probably more close to 50000 than 40000 Baht for a future proof system.

• 1 year later...

What do you guys think about below ? Do you think is ok for gaming for kids?

currently just have low end ACER laptop which is going.. so looking for a new computer but don’t really want to spend much more than 20,000-25,000

can be desktop though, as believe can get better for lower cost if desktop as opposed to a lap top, correct?

would be interested in any thoughts from gamers out there ..

kids moslty play ROBLOX, or Minecraft/Crazycraft or various games bought and downloaded on STEAM

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/-i7-gtx1050-i173105499-s216633534.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.2.6bb92132LZ7ATQ&search=1

Features
  • Brand :  Intel
  • SKU :  IN509ELABM45V0ANTH-130599745
  • Warranty Type :  Local Manufacturer Warranty
  • Hard Drive Capacity :  1TB
  • Graphics Memory :  2GB
  • Processor Type :  NVIDIA,Quad-core
  • Model :  i7 2600
  • Warranty Period :  3 Years
  • Graphics Card :  nvdia
  • System Memory :  4GB

price 17,900 THB

———————-

Or this one

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pubg-gta-v-intel-i7-gtx-1050ti-ram-8gig-i170978608-s213178085.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.5.6bb921326vO5CB&search=1

Features
  • SKU :  IN509ELABKF79CANTH-126687031
  • System Memory :  8GB

price 22,800 THB

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:46 PM, CWMcMurray said:

currently just have low end ACER laptop which is going.. so looking for a new computer but don’t really want to spend much more than 20,000-25,000

can be desktop though, as believe can get better for lower cost if desktop as opposed to a lap top, correct?

kids moslty play ROBLOX, or Minecraft/Crazycraft or various games bought and downloaded on STEAM

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/-i7-gtx1050-i173105499-s216633534.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.2.6bb92132LZ7ATQ&search=1

Features
  • SKU :  IN509ELABM45V0ANTH-130599745
  • Graphics Memory :  2GB
  • Processor Type :  NVIDIA,Quad-core
  • System Memory :  4GB

price 17,900 THB

———————-

Or this one

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pubg-gta-v-intel-i7-gtx-1050ti-ram-8gig-i170978608-s213178085.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.5.6bb921326vO5CB&search=1

Features
  • SKU :  IN509ELABKF79CANTH-126687031
  • System Memory :  8GB

price 22,800 THB

They are fine to me, you also can play war thunder, world of tanks/warships/planes...and several high end games!!

just buy a reasonably priced 1080p 24”monitor or larger and add a mouse and keyboard than you’ve got yourselves and your kids a gaming gear.

On 4/29/2018 at 4:46 PM, CWMcMurray said:

Desktop is normally cheaper for the same specs, simply because it can be more bulky as it doesnt have to fit in the tiny case (smaller is more expensive).

Desktop normally also lasts longer also as you can replace certain outdated/broken parts cheaper and cooling goes better in a larger case (build your own PC, or get it done in a shop, and when one thing is outdated or breaks you only replace that part with lots of choice of manufacturers and specs).

The 2 computers you list seem overpowered for the games you mention. My guess is that you could go cheaper without trouble.

Bear in mind:

- Laptops usually cost more for a lower spec.

- Laptops are MUCH harder to repair if anything goes wrong.

- Laptops are almost impossible to upgrade.

- Because of the lower spec, laptops generally become obsolete faster.

- Because of the small form factor, poor ventilation/cooling, being moved/dropped/trodden on, laptops are likely to break much earlier than a desktop.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived