border runs from pattaya.

Hi, I have to do a border run when my extension of stay for retirement runs out 22nd september as i miscalculated money in bank and need an axtra 30 days, i have never done before so any info would be appreciated . agents ,cost , ect  and what is needed. thanks for any reply.

I've used Business Class Visa Runs for many visa runs back in the day before I turned 50. They have a booth at the back entrance to the Queen Vic Pub on Soi 6. Always friendly and helpful service, with comfortable vans with captain's chair seating. The cost I believe was B 2500, which includes all visa related services as well as breakfast and lunch.

There is a similar operation run out of the Sportsman's Pub on Soi 13 (I believe). Never took them (because Vic was closer to me) but believe pricing and vans are similar. Most of the travel agencies and tourist kiosks around town also sell visa runs (but may just a ticket seller for the actual operator). They will also sell you just the visa and transport services, without the food service), sometimes using a more crowded bench seat van, for a cheaper price, if that's an issue.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Name of soi 6 place 1st class visa runs not Business Class Visa Runs.

Have used soi 6 and soi 13 years ago and they were o.k..Grazy driving  but that is the way it is here..

Now i do not know other than i sent emails some time ago and asked something about visaruns nowdays, Never got a reply from both of them..

26 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Have used soi 6 and soi 13 years ago and they were o.k..Grazy driving  but that is the way it is here..

Now i do not know other than i sent emails some time ago and asked something about visaruns nowdays, Never got a reply from both of them..

Thanks for the correction. That's interesting to hear about them not getting back to you. I assume they're still in business but haven't have to use them for a couple years now. I know the "visa run" business was drying up  towards the end of when I was using them because of all the tightening of visa regulations and pushed out so many people and reduced the demand for these services. They were down to something like one van 3 or 4 days a week from two daily vans at the height of the visa-run era.

are you on an extension now, if so doing a border run will only give you 15 or 30 day visa exempt entry, this will be no good if you are planning on obtaining a 12 month extension, unless you are olanning on doing a conversion to non imm 'o' visa ( a 2 visit process) it would be better to obtain a non imm 'o' visa for a nearby country.

16 hours ago, thaitero said:

Indeed, judging from all the manically-driven minivans I've witnessed thundering their way along Highway 3 (which runs between Pattaya and the Cambodian border), border runs certainly seem a risky business!