Fridge Repair

cheeryble

Desperately need a call out on the job repair man for an auto defrost fridge in CM.

Symptoms a bit cool but not enough......freezer stuff cold but melting

Does anyone know a repair man, or somewhere I could find one through like a second hand fridge shop, etc etc 

Had bad experience and so has friend with "proper " companies whoo want to take the fridge away a week and in my friends case it's gone for three weeks

Thanks

4 hours ago, cmsally said:

If you have a guy who can fix your AC, chances are he can do the fridge

Thought the same Sally have a smart air guy but he just never answers the phone.

was told Panasonic is dealt with by XXXXXXXXXX a supposedly proper company..... made appointment for 3.30.....three guys arrived at 4.30......so a half hour before their day and week would normally end I guess......and spent a most of time on the phone to gf or whoever.

ddint open any panels checked the temp of the freezer and said they have to take the (large) fridge away for a week. 

Paid the callout charge and said no thanks.

ran into a friend who said his fridge was taken by another of the well known companies in CM.

after a week a defrost timer arrived from BKK and didn't cure the problem. He says his fridge is now gone for three weeks.

Amorn.....who are generally good.... will only fix if they take away.

that's three of the large companies in CM and why I need a guy who understands and can fix the thing.....fridges are not so complicated.

Going to ask the scrap yards on Canal Rd if they know someone, but like to find a guy who does TVs (ie smart) and appliances like fridges......or need to ask secondhand fridge shop if I can find one.

Is Fridge common UK English? Every such thread on Thai Visa refers to such appliances as fridges. I can say EastCoast/West coast US regional dialects it is rare or unusual, everybody calls it a refrigerator.The basic home models here are so inexpensive I wonder if they are designed for more than a few years use. My refrigerator is 8 years old, doing fine. (It only gets about 3 months total use per year. )I am very impressed with how quiet and vibration free it operates. If it broke down  I would prefer to give it away to someone who might want it, rather than be without a refrigerator for weeks. And hopefully I could still find a refrigerator that matches my decor.

Edited by Dipterocarp

Just an observation as I happen to meet Americans very frequently in Chiang Mai. We never seem to say fridge. I don't see why not , it makes perfect sense without a primer in British slang. Even in the 1980s there was a BIG defensive player for the NFL Bears nicknamed "The Refrigerator".  Fridge would be easier to say. Thai visa surely is not Yank free but every thread about food cooling appliances references fridges. Guess I should follow suit.

Edited by Dipterocarp

12 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Just an observation as I happen to meet Americans very frequently in Chiang Mai. We never seem to say fridge. I don't see why not , it makes perfect sense without a primer in British slang. Even in the 1980s there was a BIG defensive player for the NFL Bears nicknamed "The Refrigerator".  Fridge would be easier to say. Thai visa surely is not Yank free but every thread about food cooling appliances references fridges. Guess I should follow suit.

Just like Band Aids, Kleenex, Q-Tips, Fridge has entered the lexicon. Frigidaire one of the first manufacturers and it's name became ubiquitous and interchangable with refrigerator.

Anyhow, as to the fridge. Is the freezer drain tube plugged or frozen over? Sometimes something falls in there and it inhibits proper drainage and things go amiss.

My Thai wife and I refer to our 2 refrigerators as a "frigidaire"  Just cute and we stuck with it. We heard old folks call them by the brand name "frigidaire" even if it was a Hotpoint or some other model.....sort of  like "make 3 Xerox copies for me please"....