Folding Walking Stick.

NoshowJones

Don't know about folding, but there are a myriad of choices for telescoping aluminum walking sticks.  Decathlon Sports has a wide selection.  Dozens of kiosks in Chinatown and Sukhumvit carry them.  I have a couple from Chinatown and they seem to hold up okay.

Lots of kiosks in Chatuchuk carry simple to fancy  hardwood walking sticks and they may have folding models, but I've never looked specifically for folders.  

Edit: As I recall, SuperSports stores carry them in their camping/hiking section, but that section varies from store to store..

Edited by impulse

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks, I would like a wooden one to take with me to the UK, for protection, as a guy who does not drink

and always minds his own business, I don't need one in Thailand, but the UK is different.

Are you going to be hanging out in areas that have a high incidence of violent crime committed on strangers?

You know, like late night streets full of nightclubs?

45 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Are you going to be hanging out in areas that have a high incidence of violent crime committed on strangers?

You know, like late night streets full of nightclubs?

You obviously don't know the UK, or should I say Glasgow. The time before last when I was there, I was walking home to my apartment around 10.30pm

four East Europeans came walking towards me, one of them then made a go for me shouting in a foreign language, I ran away quickly before he could get me.

if I hadn't, goodness knows what might have happened. There is violent crime in all the major UK cities, it is not like Thailand, where you can walk about almost anywhere

with very little chance of getting attacked if you are sober and mind your own business.

45 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

No soi dogs on your street?

No, I live in a village up in the sticks, all the dogs I have come across have owners, and in ten years only twice have any chased me when I was riding my pedal bike

and they both got walloped with a large stone which I carry in my basket.

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You obviously don't know the UK, or should I say Glasgow. The time before last when I was there, I was walking home to my apartment around 10.30pm

four East Europeans came walking towards me, one of them then made a go for me shouting in a foreign language, I ran away quickly before he could get me.

if I hadn't, goodness knows what might have happened. There is violent crime in all the major UK cities, it is not like Thailand, where you can walk about almost anywhere

with very little chance of getting attacked if you are sober and mind your own business.

I kind of agree that middle east europeans are more violent than the remaining world, but it's kind of the same everywhere sometimes u would just happen to meet some mad people 

Edited by Kailung

16 minutes ago, Kailung said:

I kind of agree that middle east europeans are more violent than the remaining world, but it's kind of the same everywhere sometimes u would just happen to meet <deleted> up people 

I don't understand the last part of your post.

14 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

Lazada.  It's from Australia. Hopkin Adjustable Folding Walking Stick

I leave for the UK on Thursday, and spending three days in Bangkok before I fly out on Monday.

That will be too soon for Lazada to send one.