Drunk old men

cumgranosalum

9 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Oh really?

If they can afford to play with the fillies, why do so many of them complain about the rising price of a "short-time" then?

Why is there a collective howl of anguish among farang senior citizens when the price of a Western breakfast increases by 10 baht?

I sure don't hear younger guys whinging about the cost of a beer, a meal or a short time as much as the fixed income oldies

Most of the time, English teachers are working legally and are at least trying to do something positive for the country.

Pensioners aren't invited here - they're tolerated here.

You need to put the bottle down, grandpa. 

How often have you been to a party and had the host ask you to show your invite every hour?

Are you really suggesting younger people who come to Thailand and teach are doing it just to benefit and do something positive for Thailand. Get real !

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 473geo said:

Yep the old boys don't look too clever, the error here is the attempt to suggest young guys do it better!

Come on guys let us be honest here, there are some happy drunks, but as a general rule of thumb, unless they are in a similar state, most people prefer to avoid the company of drunks, young, or old, male or female. The exception being those that seek to profit.

'Pensioners aren't invited here - they're tolerated here'

Oh boy........and you think 'young' piss heads are not?

There's two types of pensioners here. There are the ones on the pink cloud that are new here and haven't a clue about anything. They hang out in expat bars as they can't speak Thai and are seen by other expat who for some bizarre reason are better than them yet go to the same establishments. then there are those like I will be, who have lived most of their lives here, didn't marry bar girls and have kids and grandkids. We woudn't be seen dead in one such bar, let alone a city like Pattaya. 

i think many of these guys think they are in Majorca, (even seen one doing a bidrdy dance)with young ladies willing to sell their souls for the price of a few beers and a pack of smokes. The are gullible, naive, possibly foolish but possibly not. Leave them alone to have a good time as I spent many times trying to warn them of the dangers of the Thai filly :cheesy: as someone called them but they never listen. Their new friends want them to remain stupid as they themselves were brought up to be. What a jump in social standing! 

7 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

There's two types of pensioners here. There are the ones on the pink cloud that are new here and haven't a clue about anything. They hang out in expat bars as they can't speak Thai and are seen by other expat who for some bizarre reason are better than them yet go to the same establishments. then there are those like I will be, who have lived most of their lives here, didn't marry bar girls and have kids and grandkids. We woudn't be seen dead in one such bar, let alone a city like Pattaya. 

i think many of these guys think they are in Majorca, (even seen one doing a bidrdy dance)with young ladies willing to sell their souls for the price of a few beers and a pack of smokes. The are gullible, naive, possibly foolish but possibly not. Leave them alone to have a good time as I spent many times trying to warn them of the dangers of the Thai filly :cheesy: as someone called them but they never listen. Their new friends want them to remain stupid as they themselves were brought up to be. What a jump in social standing! 

I think there is a lot more than two types of pensioners here.  Some help Thai people like the Jesters and VFW and AA and some complain about everything and how much better life is in the West and they are leaving to go back home and some continue to complain for years after they leave Thailand because the insult to their great Bhwana manhood was so great. 

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

You don't think there might might be some between your two compass points ?

There is always a danger that we take our own position and justify it by deriding others who don't fit our stereotype.

Some of the biggest whores in Thailand are not bar girls. Some of the expats in Pattaya live cleaner lives than anyone in the boonies. The moment we start labeling anyone is the moment we find exceptions to those labels.

It always seems to come down to those expats who think their partners are different, because they haven't worked in Pattaya, looking down on anyone who has actually handed cash over in exchange for sex. Some even think that their partners who worked in the local karaoke were actually employed as singers! :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Scotwight said:

I would say that on the average - a retired guy spends an hour a year and 1900 baht with the Thai government to stay in Thailand.  Compared to the amount of paperwork to stay almost anywhere else that is a deal and I have to think retirement is encouraged by the Thai government.  

I've met many English teachers and only one with a work permit and none trying to do anything other than earn a living.  100% would have left the teaching profession if any - any- other work was available that required no experience or education.  

Being a teacher here for 31 years, I've probably met a few more English teachers than you. When I started working here in 1985 it was probably 50/50 for teachers with/without WPs.

Let me guess, you were turned down for a job as an English teacher? You are a non-native speaker? You are a binman? 

You are the typical English teacher-basher that  probably doesn't have a degree an feels inferior. Your type usualy work as roughnecks or are retired butchers. Teaching is a great job here with 4 months holiday a year. I earn more(with few hours extra a week) than the average teacher in the UK. 

I've been offered so many jobs other than teaching here and refused them all. BTW, I have a Master's degree in Petroleum Engineering. Teachers these days have to have a degree and I'd estimate that 90%+ have a WP.

In a nutshell, you are talking through your ****. First letter A, last E.

14 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

From what you've written here you are exactly the sort of expat I want to avoid, at all costs, knows everything, has an opinion on everything, has assessed and pigeon holed everyone and goes out of their way to advise other expats on the suitability of their partner.

2 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Being a teacher here for 31 years, I've probably met a few more English teachers than you. When I started working here in 1985 it was probably 50/50 for teachers with/without WPs.

Let me guess, you were turned down for a job as an English teacher? You are a non-native speaker? You are a binman? 

You are the typical English teacher-basher that  probably doesn't have a degree an feels inferior. Your type usualy work as roughnecks or are retired butchers. Teaching is a great job here with 4 months holiday a year. I earn more(with few hours extra a week) than the average teacher in the UK. 

I've been offered so many jobs other than teaching here and refused them all. BTW, I have a Master's degree in Petroleum Engineering. Teachers these days have to have a degree and I'd estimate that 90%+ have a WP.

In a nutshell, you are talking through your ****. First letter A, last E.

Born and raised in America I've a BA and masters and taught on a college level in The United States.  I retired to Thailand and taught for a few years here. 

You have a Master's degree in Petroleum Engineering and taught English?  I would think you taught at a University and had little to do with the average English teacher at a Thai government school. 

34 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

From what you've written here you are exactly the sort of expat I want to avoid, at all costs, knows everything, has an opinion on everything, has assessed and pigeon holed everyone and goes out of their way to advise other expats on the suitability of their partner.

Some just don't have the humility to ask for advice from someone with more experience. Many even resent it the fact I soak the language and have much existence here, probably due to being someone in their old country and finding themselves a little fish in a big pond here and in a nutshell feeling scared.

When you've been here a long time, your thinking changes, just wait.

8 hours ago, rogeroc said:

Are you really suggesting younger people who come to Thailand and teach are doing it just to benefit and do something positive for Thailand. Get real !

Where did I suggest that they're only here to do good for Thailand?

11 hours ago, Scotwight said:

This is a forum to help people stop drinking and you are making fun of people who stop drinking.  Do you think that is appropriate or somehow fun?  Your inexcusable sense of humor might have prevented someone from getting help.  Alcohol harms more people in Thailand both Thai and Farang than anything else.  If you think all the death and pain and hardship caused by excessive drinking is a laughing matter - up to you-  

Sorry ScotWight you seem to have it wrong again, unless you would like to point out the section you refer to on drinking that I posted, I was laughing at your arrogance, that seems to come through in most of your posts. They don't just hold a different opinions from you,  (oh no-their all wack jobs-& your not)

Born and raised in America I've a BA and masters and taught on a college level in The United States.   Boy how could you ever be wrong about anything------so once again---:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Sorry ScotWight you seem to have it wrong again, unless you would like to point out the section you refer to on drinking that I posted, I was laughing at your arrogance, that seems to come through in most of your posts. They don't just hold a different opinions from you,  (oh no-their all wack jobs-& your not)

Born and raised in America I've a BA and masters and taught on a college level in The United States.   Boy how could you ever be wrong about anything------so once again---:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

oxo1947 wrote, "You have done something that has changed your life----fine----great go preach it somewhere else,........................Please"

I wrote, "Since this is the I drink too much forum, I believe this is the place to preach and you and the five posters who liked your post are wack jobs.  Am I correct or did I miss something?"

You wrote, "every ones a wack job except for you.....
 The sad thing is, he believes it."

I wrote, "This is a forum to help people stop drinking and you are making fun of people who stop drinking.  Do you think that is appropriate or somehow fun?  Your inexcusable sense of humor might have prevented someone from getting help.  Alcohol harms more people in Thailand both Thai and Farang than anything else.  If you think all the death and pain and hardship caused by excessive drinking is a laughing matter - up to you- 

Do you have a problem with Drinking?  Are you quitting or trying to quit drinking or have quit drinking? 

That's what this forum is for and not to poke fun of people who have stopped or who are trying to stop drinking like you and the others have done with your posts. 

1 hour ago, Agent Sumo said:

Learn to read, pal.

It doesn't say they're only here to do good

'Only' was your word not mine, we can both be pedantic.  The point is you were suggesting pensioners are moaners and whingers whereas English teachers are here trying to do something positive for the country. In my opinion a bit of a sweeping generalisation and unreasonable comment.

I believe this is the place to preach and you and the five posters who liked your post are wack jobs.  Am I correct or did I miss something? --Scotwight

No   Scotwight I didn't write that they were wack jobs--.....
I quoted your arrogance in writing it as quoted above  above....correct ???????

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain

Old men and young men are probably more like what they are 'really like' when they are drunk than when they are sober. If i were, for example, to enter into a serious relationship, i would want to see that person in an inebriated state before committing.  

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The post was written to oxo not you.  Go back and check it.   

Are they giving out all theses BA;s--MA's with Christmas crackers now.

I did check it Scot you wrote it to me ---you even posted my post before answering it.

Mate either lay off the Keyboard or the drink----they just don't go together.

On 29/8/2559 at 2:35 PM, sanuk711 said:

-every ones a wack job except for you.....

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

The sad thing is, he believes it.:cheesy:

Sanuk said---ScotW Poated it as a quote & answered it---There is not one thread where OXO posted laughing people & no where do you mention OXO name or post.-----CORRECT SCOTW---??-----sober  up man.

This is a forum to help people stop drinking and you are making fun of people who stop drinking.  Do you think that is appropriate or somehow fun?  Your inexcusable sense of humor might have prevented someone from getting help.  Alcohol harms more people in Thailand both Thai and Farang than anything else.  If you think all the death and pain and hardship caused by excessive drinking is a laughing matter - up to you- 

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I believe this is the place to preach and you and the five posters who liked your post are wack jobs.  Am I correct or did I miss something? --Scotwight

The reason my name is at the end of the above quote is because it was not written to you.  Check post # 49.  

Why not try and get back to the point.  oxo does not like people preaching in this forum and that is what this forum is for.  Preaching and helping people kick booze.  You are a drinker and don't like non drinkers trying to preach.  OK I get it but said this is not the place to object to preaching.  

Why not try to discuss the point instead of mocking me and obfuscating the point.   

I wish I could do a better job of explaining where I think we differ but I can't post the things you and I have posted.  The changes to the system have severely limited discussion.  Sorry.

Archived