PM calls on Thais to bury the hatchet

webfact

12 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Right then everybody you know we can be friends and all you have to do is exactly what you are told and don't criticize.

Look at the thread on Voice TV,   control and censorship or what and yet he continues with the unity etc claptrap.   Far from promoting unity he's just widening the gap.

What do you suggest? Seriously?

The Shins aren't remotely interested in anything other than getting their family and cronies back in control. Their red shirt non elected goon leaders continue to spout out and their bail braking is ignored. They won't change.

I doubt Suthep, the Yellows PAD or whatever their latest incarnation is, would be interested in becoming best pals with the Shins either. Unlikely to change.

It took many years for the Povisional IRA and Britain to negotiate an agreement. And a key factor in that was when the Americans declared a war on terror and the Provos suddenly realized they were on the list of bad guys. 

The only hope is for a new crop of untainted, unsoiled honest ethical lot of politicians to emerge. What chance of that?

6 hours ago, xineohp said:

Is is quite evident from the daily "feel good" statements coming from this PM that he is making every effort to soften the blow that will come once he is out of office.  Many junta leaders throughout history attempt similar exercises once reality sets in and they realise that what they have done is totally illegal and they will be held to account.  The leaders of Argentina's military junta spent many years in gaol following their overthrow.  Furthermore, all legislation authored in their name during their tenure was immediately declared null and void.

I guess they could all nip off to Dubai, China, Montenegro or other billionaire friendly venues.

21 hours ago, xineohp said:

Is is quite evident from the daily "feel good" statements coming from this PM that he is making every effort to soften the blow that will come once he is out of office.  Many junta leaders throughout history attempt similar exercises once reality sets in and they realise that what they have done is totally illegal and they will be held to account.  The leaders of Argentina's military junta spent many years in gaol following their overthrow.  Furthermore, all legislation authored in their name during their tenure was immediately declared null and void.

I understand your thinking but I beg to differ. What the PM is doing is here is trying to paint opponents as people who are disruptive and create disharmony throughout society and thereby aiming to steamroller any opposing voices.

There is absolutely no precedent in Thailand of military figures being brought to account for their actions. Suchinda Kraprayoon and Thanom Kittikachorn are very good examples. As is the total lack of any military responsibility or accountability following the Tak Bai massacre. Even pure criminal actions as opposed to political criminal actions are immune from prosecution as the military rarely permits the police to investigate its own officers. Internecine extrajudicial executions of senior officers are permitted though as in the case of Khattiya Sawasdipol.

Bury the hatchet....that is yellow/elite talk for; "Lump it & learn your place! You'll never get justice or equality, red buffaloes!"

They're all ratbags. Whatever shirt colour or ideology some cosmic force needs to knock their greedy grasping heads together!

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

What do you suggest? Seriously?

The Shins aren't remotely interested in anything other than getting their family and cronies back in control. Their red shirt non elected goon leaders continue to spout out and their bail braking is ignored. They won't change.

I doubt Suthep, the Yellows PAD or whatever their latest incarnation is, would be interested in becoming best pals with the Shins either. Unlikely to change.

It took many years for the Povisional IRA and Britain to negotiate an agreement. And a key factor in that was when the Americans declared a war on terror and the Provos suddenly realized they were on the list of bad guys. 

The only hope is for a new crop of untainted, unsoiled honest ethical lot of politicians to emerge. What chance of that?

Let me consult Douglas Adams' 'deep thought'
The answer is...
...bugger all to the power of none.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

He means work towards his reform.  The reform that is needed is the military needs give control back to duly elected officials.  The Civilian police and civilian courts need to be in charge.  The constitution needs to properly vetted and ratified, then enforced.  Everytime there is a coup that overthrows the government and throws away the constitution, Thailand is back to square one.  It is really that simple... in theory.